This course is designed for teenagers who are looking to get a taste of life as a student in the UK. The academic focus allows students to study Business & Economics alongside English language studies.
It is an ideal option for students who are considering further study in the UK in future years and as a pre-sessional programme for students commencing studies that academic year.
- IELTS 5.0 / intermediate (pre-test required)
- 17 hours of academic subjects
- 10 hours of academic English, UCAS counselling and culture
- Monday to Friday, 9:00 to 16:30
17 hours of Academic Subjects + 10 hours of Academic English, UCAS counselling and culture.
One full-day excursion per week, plus a half-day educational visit.
A range of social activities is available on weekday evenings.
- 17 hours of academic subjects per week
- 10 hours of academic English, UCAS counselling and culture per week
- Individual consultations for future academic study plans
- Full-board residential accommodation
- Welcome party and orientation
- Placement test and regular progress tests
- 2-3 evening activities per week
- One full-day excursion per week, including entrance fee
- One half-day excursion
- Weekly bus pass
- End-of-course certificate
Academic course content
27 hours of lessons per week in total, of academic studies, academic English, UCAS counselling and culture.
Students also have the chance to meet with our expert tutors to discuss potential study plans for their further academic studies.
17 hours of academic taster sessions in subjects related to chosen stream:
Practical learning through problem-solving exercises
Exploring economic and financial models
- Shape and Perimeter
- Data Handling
- Time word problems
Introduction to the UK education system (including universities).
- British food
- Family life/ the home
- Hobbies/ sports
- The Monarchy
- Dictionary use
- Interpreting graphs
- Library use
- Structure of a paragraph
Activities and excursions
- One full-day excursion per week, including one entrance fee.
- One half day educational visit per week.
View sample factsheet
- Organised activities available every evening, either on- or off-campus.
Thank you for your enquiry.
We'll be in touch soon.
The Kings Admissions Team