According to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings by Subject for 2023:
13 of the Top 20 Social Sciences programs are based in the US
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
University of California-Berkeley
University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
University of Chicago
University of Pennsylvania
University of Washington
More reasons to study Social Sciences in the USA
- Classes in the U.S. are known for using student involvement to create an engaging learning atmosphere, which is crucial when studying interactive subjects like the social sciences.
- Students studying the social sciences are often encouraged or invited to participate in major-specific research and internships, providing valuable career experience even before graduation
- Students in this field will learn how to use statics and the scientific method to research and analyze problems and come up with solutions.
- Students studying social sciences prepare for a wide variety of careers that allow them to do work they find meaningful and interesting.
- Students who wish to pursue graduate studies in law, teaching, or politics are well prepared after earning a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate social science major.
- Almost all large U.S. companies hire multiple social scientists to understand data about customer profiles, determine ways to increase their user or customer base, and improve the conditions for employees within their own offices.
- Students in this field are typically interested in human behavior, and how people interact with one another.
Typical Social Sciences majors
- Communication and Journalism
- Political Science
- Urban Planning
- International Relations
Start your degree at Kings
Typical careers in Social Sciences
- Social Worker
- Political Scientist
- Urban Planner
Thank you for your enquiry.
We'll be in touch soon.
The Kings Admissions Team