Graduate from Wisconsin's Polytechnic University
The University of Wisconsin Stout is regarded as Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University. This type of university provides hands-on, practical, and applied education in STEM fields.
Esteemed institutions including MIT, Caltech, Georgia Tech, and Virginia Tech are all classified as Polytechnic universities.
Advantages of Polytechnic Universities such as UW-Stout include:
1. Technical Skills Development: Practical, technical, and vocational training, in engineering, health, and business.
2. Hands-On Experience: A 'learning by doing' approach, offering students direct experience.
3. Smaller Class Sizes: More personal interaction with professors and peers compared to larger universities.
4. Industry Connections: Closer ties to industry for internships and enhanced career prospects
5. Employment Skills: Programs designed for industry needs, ensuring relevant career-related skills.
6. Innovation and Research: Unique programs and innovative learning methods, plus applied research opportunities in partnership with industry.
English language requirement
- TOEFL iBT: 70, IELTS 6.0, Duolingo: 110 (with minimum sub-scores of 90)
- or GO: Prepared level 43
- or proof of graduation from a US high school
- Proof of a high school qualification from an accredited institution
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 or equivalent for full admission