Who are Kings Progression Advisors and what do they do?
Your Kings Progression Advisor (KPA) helps you to successfully adjust to US college life, improve your academic performance, and personalize your transfer process.
KPAs are all-purpose advisors. We are here to answer all your questions OR direct you to the correct person at your host institution who can help you. When in doubt, ask your KPA first!
Your KPA will help you:
- adjust to US college culture and expectations
- connect with campus resources
- get involved on campus to build your student profile
- attend tours of nearby universities
- select courses and majors so that you can earn as many credits as possible
- choose target universities
- research admissions requirements
- track application deadlines
- prepare for tests required for applications
- organize application documents
- draft and perfect transfer essays
- avoid application errors
- prepare for admissions interviews
- communicate with admissions departments
- accept a transfer offer
- complete transfer paperwork
- ...and much more!
How often do I meet my Progression Advisor?
In addition to the monthly Kings Workshops, you are expected to meet with your KPA at least once per month, every month you are at your host institution, regardless of your academic status or transfer progress. Even if you do not plan to transfer, you still need to check in with your KPA monthly.
Our most successful students meet with their KPAs more frequently, especially while they are preparing applications.
It is common for a student applying to schools to meet with their KPA weekly. There is no limit to the number of meetings you can have with your KPA, but our schedules do get very busy during application season, so it is always better to make an appointment before coming in!
List of Sample Workshops
- Intro to Pathways and the US Higher Education System
- Profile Building
- Choosing a College
- Writing the Perfect Essay (Personal Statement)
- Constructing a resume
- Transfer Application/Common Application/Supplemental Essays
- Standard Exams (TOEFL, SAT)
- The Final Steps (Final Application Documents)
How do I meet with my Kings Progression Advisor?
We will provide you with a link to schedule appointments.
This is the best way to make sure your advisor will be available to meet with you at your preferred time.
You can also drop by our office for appointments anytime during standard US business hours. Keep in mind that students who have made appointments will always be seen before students who drop in at the same time.
How can I contact my Kings Progression Advisor?
Your Kings Progression Advisor is available to answer questions via email, Skype, WeChat, KakaoTalk, Line, and WhatsApp during standard US business hours.
Email is best for asking longer questions or sending documents to your specific KPA.
Messaging apps are a great way to send short questions or messages to the KPA office. We hope to hear from you soon!
Thank you for your enquiry.
We'll be in touch soon.
The Kings Admissions Team