Show/hide menu

University Pathways
Personalized Care and Support

Alongside the help that you will receive from the faculty of the university partner, you will have dedicated support from staff at our Center on campus.

Our on-campus team are in place to help you settle in to life at university, and to help you become a “stand out” student. Ultimately, to help you win a place at your dream school.

Academic guidance

  • Help to choose courses and majors
  • Guided independent learning
  • Help with academic writing skills and time management
  • Podcasts about the US education system

Personal university counseling

  • Five one-to-one advising sessions with specialist Progression Advisors
  • Support in deciding your dream school
  • Help getting letters of recommendation
  • Help to compile a strong application and personal statement

Unique “Profile Builder” program

  • Help to develop interview skills and techniques
  • Advice on writing a great personal statement
  • Guidance and advice about community and volunteering activities
  • Help to maximize scholarship opportunities

Supplementary online learning

  • Free use of ClassMate, a bespoke supplementary online learning resource.
  • Integrated English language practice and skills development
  • Available from pre-arrival, during first year and three months afterwards

Regular personal assessment

  • Ongoing tests and assessments
  • Detailed feedback from teachers
  • Regular meetings with Kings advising staff
  • Regular exam practice

Personal care and support

  • Dedicated on-campus Advising center
  • Support in adapting to American culture and the American education system
  • Support with any housing issues on campus

From Kings Life

College application mistakes to avoid

Pathways Advisor Chris Bock shares some tips on how to ensure the best chance of success when applying to US universities.

Read the full blog post

Student visa information

Studying in the USA

Depending on your course, the number of hours study per week and your nationality, you may need a visa to study in the USA. There are certain exceptions for courses with less than 18 class hours per week.

For the latest student visa information visit this website.

To enroll as a full-time student in the USA following a course of 18 contact hours or more per week you must obtain an F-1 visa:

Before you can apply for an F-1 visa you will need a I-20 Certificate of Eligibility from Kings Education.

F-1 visa application process

1. Submit a completed Kings Education application

Students must have a valid I-20 form to be able to apply for the F-1 visa. Kings Education will issue the I-20 after the completed application form is processed.

2. Make an appointment with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate

Students must apply for a visa in their country of residence after receiving their I-20. The local Embassy or Consulate will provide students with specific application instructions.

3. Pay the I-901 Fee

The I-901 fee must be paid before the visa appointment. Visit this website for instructions and acceptable payment methods.

4. Bring all necessary forms and documents to the interview (visa application, SEVIS I-20, financial statements, etc.)

Kings Education requires the following to be able to issue an I-20:

  • Completed Kings Education application form
  • Student address in home country (must not be a P.O. box)
  • Copy of valid passport
  • Paid registration fee (no deposit required)
  • Proof of financial eligibility:
    • Must be dated within past 60 days
    • Must be liquid account (i.e. savings or checking, not investment)
    • Must show funds to cover invoice amount
    • If in foreign currency, copy of exchange rate for the amount should accompany financial statement (this should be done by Kings)
    • Should be in student name or name of sponsor
    • If financial statement is submitted by sponsor, an Affadavit of Support must accompany the application

For the latest student visa information on visit this website.

Student insurance

When you travel to the USA to study, you need to be confident that everything is done to make sure you are protected and safe.

Insurance for USA-bound students

We have developed an excellent value insurance policy specifically designed for international students, in conjunction with Guard.Me.

Student insurance will cost US$45 per week (2018 price)


From Kings Life

Giovanna Zeloni Rinaldo

Giovanna Zeloni Rinaldo from Brazil explains how Kings helped her with the transfer process, and with acclimatizing to life at a US university. She has recently enrolled at the University of Miami (ranked 51), having completed the Campus Plus program at Marymount California University

Read the full blog post