Based in the UK’s thriving capital city London, University of the Arts London (UAL) is the largest specialist arts and design university in Europe. The University is recognised as a world-leading institution for teaching and research in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts. Its alumni represent many of the most renowned names in the creative industries today and include Jimmy Choo, the late Alexander McQueen, Anish Kapoor and Anthony Gormley.
- #2 in the world within the QS World University rankings for Art and Design
- #45 in the Guardian Good University Guide 2021
Latest undergraduate enrolment
Latest postgraduate enrolment
- UAL comprises six prestigious Colleges, with each having a distinct focus and character that enables students to choose the environment that best suits their specialist interests. They are: Camberwell College of Arts, Central Saint Martins , Chelsea College of Arts , London College of Communication, London College of Fashion, Wimbledon College of Arts.
- Over half of the fashion designers that showed at London Fashion Week 2018 are UAL alumni.
- 36 of the 77 Royal Academicians are UAL alumni, or current/former staff.
- Over two thirds of the winners of British Designer of the Year are UAL alumni.
- UAL has produced over half of all Turner Prize winners since its inception in 1984.