The University of Manchester is a member of the prestigious Russell Group of universities, and one of the biggest in the UK. The city of Manchester has the largest student population in Europe, which means its diverse student body enjoys a lively, welcoming atmosphere and endless amenities.
- #23 in the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2024
- #19 in the Complete University Guide 2024
- #24 in the Guardian Good University Guide 2024
- #54 in the Times Higher Education World University rankings 2023
- #1 for Drama, Dance and Cinematics, and Music, #2 for Land and Property Management, #3 for American Studies and Animal Science, #5 for Materials Technology (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2024)
Latest undergraduate enrolment
Latest postgraduate enrolment
- In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) 83% of Manchester’s research activity was rated 'world-leading' or 'internationally excellent', confirming the University as one of the UK's top research institutions.
- Manchester counts 25 Nobel Prize winners among its current and former staff and students.
- The university is currently undertaking its biggest campus development programme, having spent £750m already on improvements, with £1bn more to come by 2022. Current projects include the Manchester Engineering Campus Development (MECD), which will be one of the single largest construction projects undertaken by a UK university.