The University of Dundee became an independent University in 1967 following a 70 year relationship with the University of St Andrews. The University’s teaching is gold rated in the Teaching Excellence Framework 2017 and it ranks highly for success in both the graduate jobs market and for student satisfaction. Dundee is a friendly, attractive city, and offers some of the lowest costs of living of any UK university city.
- #33 in the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2024
- #66 in the Guardian Good University Guide 2024
- #58 in the Complete University Guide 2024
- #2 for Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering and Subjects allied to medicine, #3 for Medicine and Dentistry, #5 for Anatomy and Physiology, #7 for Biological Sciences and Social Work (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2024)
Latest undergraduate enrolment
Latest postgraduate enrolment
- Research at Dundee has been ranked among the very best in the UK in the latest Research Excellence Framework (2014). The University’s strong performance in STEM has made it top in Scotland for research in these subjects.
- It has nine academic schools which cover a variety of subject areas, including life sciences, creative arts, business, accountancy, computing, law, engineering, medicine, and dentistry.
- A new joint degree programme with the National University of Singapore enables biological and biomedical sciences students to divide their study time between Scotland and Singapore, earning a qualification from both institutions.
- The University ranked 2nd in Scotland and 14th overall in the 2018 Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey.
- The University is a founding partner of the V&A at Dundee project, which aims to develop a new centre of 21st century design for Scotland at the heart of Dundee's waterfront.