Located in the pretty and historic city of Bath, the university is campus-based and situated just a short distance from the centre. It enjoys a strong academic reputation internationally, particularly in the fields of Architecture, Business, Sport Science, Engineering and Psychology/Sociology, and employment rates for graduates are higher than average — a result of the work placements offered with every degree course and its emphasis on practical, ‘real life’ skills that employers value.
- #8 in the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2024
- #6 in the Guardian Good University Guide 2024
- #5in the Complete University Guide 2024
- Within the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2024, Bath is ranked #2 for Criminology and Sports Science, #3 for Social Policy.
Latest undergraduate enrolment
Latest postgraduate enrolment
- It holds a TEF (Teaching Excellence Framework) Gold Award.
- It is ranked 6th for graduate prospects by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021.
- It has been awarded two Queen's Anniversary Prizes for Higher and Further Education — the country's most prestigious national recognition for a UK academic or vocational institution.
- The university has among the best sports facilities in the UK. Several Olympic medal-winners trained at the university.
- A three-year campus improvement project that began in 2012 included the construction of a new £10 million arts centre.