The ideal academic introduction to UK pre-university education.
Our Summer Academy: STEM is ideal for students 15-17 years old who want a taster of UK pre-university education. The focus is on Maths, the three Sciences and academic English.
17 hours of Academic Subjects + 10 hours of Academic English, UCAS counselling and culture.
One full-day excursion per week, plus a half-day educational visit.
A range of social activities is available on weekday evenings.
- IELTS 5.0 / intermediate (pre-test required)
- 17 hours of academic subjects
- 10 hours of academic English, UCAS counselling and culture
- Monday to Friday, 9:00 to 16:30
- 17 hours of academic subjects per week
- 10 hours of academic English, UCAS counselling and culture per week
- Individual consultations for future academic study plans
- Full-board residential accommodation
- Welcome party and orientation
- Placement test and regular progress tests
- Full programme of evening activities
- One full-day excursion per week, including entrance fee
- One half-day excursion
- Weekly bus pass
- End-of-course certificate
Academic course content
27 hours of lessons per week in total, of academic studies, academic English, UCAS counselling and culture.
Students also have the chance to meet with our expert tutors to discuss potential study plans for their further academic studies.
17 hours of academic taster sessions in subjects related to chosen stream:
- Shape and Perimeter
- Data Handling
- Time word problems
Much of this is taught through challenging problem-solving exercises.
Exploring science through activities.
- Safety/ Sound
- Chemistry: Materials
- Biology: Human Body
- Biology: Nutrition
- Biology: Plants
- Physics: Forces
- Biology: Animals
- Chemistry: Fossil Fuels
Introduction to the UK education system (including universities).
- British food
- Family life/ the home
- Hobbies/ sports
- The Monarchy
- Dictionary use
- Interpreting graphs
- Library use
- Structure of a paragraph
Activities and excursions
- One full-day excursion per week, including one entrance fee.
- One half day educational visit per week.
View sample timetable
- Organised activities available every evening, either on- or off-campus.
Thank you for your enquiry.
We'll be in touch soon.
The Kings Admissions Team