The Kings Medical Foundation course is a one-year pathway to Medical School.
By working closely with our partner Medical Schools, we have developed specific modules and specialised support for students who want to access Medical degrees in the UK.
Based on A-level syllabuses and taught by A-level teachers
Students study Biology, Chemistry and Maths (Strong students are allowed to take an extra module of Further Maths)
Provides the same knowledge and skills as A-levels that universities want
Is taught at the same level as A-levels
Additional modules specifically designed for university and medical students
An alternative route to Medicine
The Kings Medical Foundation is based on A-level syllabuses, taught by A-level teachers, assessed against A-levels and moderated by an independent Advisory Board of external examiners. As such, it is one of the most highly academic and successful pathways to leading medicine in UK universities.
Standards for the Programme are set by an external and independent Advisory Board which meets three times each year to ensure best practice, moderate marks where required and hear appeals.
At a glance
- Kings Bournemouth
- Kings Brighton
- Kings London
- Kings Oxford
- September and January for University of Buckingham
- Completed 11 – 12 years of schooling
- Minimum IELTS 6.5
- Completing the Medical Summer Programme first is highly recommended
- 1 academic year (3 terms)
- Average 21 hours per week, plus homework and private study
- Communication and Study Skills (Science focus)
- Data Handing and Information Technology
- Disease, Medicine & Society
- Further Mathematics (optional)
Additional workshops and tutoring
Medical School Preparation
There are around 8,000 applicants for medical places each year — but only about 600 places available for international applicants. We have developed a carefully planned programme to support our exceptional students with ambitions to be accepted to medical school.
The Kings 10-point Medical School Preparation Programme:
- Academic development
- Senior mentor to lead you through the application process
- Language skills
- Assistance in researching the most suitable medical school for you
- Medical School visits
- Ability test practice (UKCAT, BMAT)
- Work experience
- Extracurricular and enrichment
- Personal statement
- Interview practice
Thank you for your enquiry.
We'll be in touch soon.
The Kings Admissions Team