The fast-track pathway to Art and Design at university
The specialist fast-track pathway will prepare you for an Art and Design degree in just two years,
Complete Art and Design A-levels in Year 1, and your Art Foundation in Year 2.
All in the same place, with state-of-the-art facilities and excellent teaching.
1-year A-level programme, with 2 Art and Design related subjects
1-year Art Foundation course
Fast-track pathway to an Art and Design degree
Within the UK, it is standard for those students studying Art and Design at university to complete a one-year Art Foundation course after completing a two-year A-level course and before beginning their degree. This, therefore, generally means an extra year of further/higher education study for those who focus on this subject area.
The fast-track Art pathway in Oxford will give students the chance to complete both their A-levels and Art Foundation course in just two years.
They spend Year 1 completing Art and Design A-levels in two of the following subjects:
- Fine Art
- Graphic Design
They will then spend Year 2 completing their Art Foundation course, before progressing to their chosen university and degree course. All with the support of our specialist UCAS counsellors.
Year 1: A-levels
- 1 Academic Year (3 terms)
- Average 7 hours per week per subject, plus homework and private study
- Academic: Completed 10-11 years of schooling (GCSE or equivalent)
- Language: Minimum IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
A-level Photography factsheet
A-level Fine Art factsheet
- Fine art requires engagement with aesthetic and intellectual concepts through the use of traditional and/or digital media, materials, techniques and processes for the purpose of self-expression.
- You will explore practical and critical/contextual work through the disciplines of painting and drawing, printmaking, sculpture, lens-based image making.
- You will communicate ideas and messages about the observed world, the qualities of materials, perceptions, or preconceptions.
- You will explore practical and critical/contextual work through the disciplines of advertising, illustration, branding, information design.
- You will be required to develop practical and theoretical knowledge and understanding of relevant materials, processes, technologies and resources
- You will learn how ideas, feelings and meanings can be conveyed and interpreted in images and artefacts
- Allows you to expand your creative horizons through taking and editing photographs
- Teaches you about a whole range of photographic techniques and processes
- Helps you to develop an understanding of the creative process
A-level Graphic Design factsheet
Year 2: Art and Design Foundation
More about Art Foundation
- 1 Academic Year (3 terms)
- Average 21 hours per week (plus homework and private study)
- Academic: Completed 11 years of schooling with proof of good grades
- English: IELTS 5.0
Thank you for your enquiry.
We'll be in touch soon.
The Kings Admissions Team