Kings is partnered with the number one university in New Zealand, the University of Auckland, to offer a guaranteed pathway to Health Sciences and Biomedical Science, which can then lead to Medicine.
The Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences is New Zealand's largest provider of medical and biomedical research.
The faculty was established in 1968 as the University of Auckland School of Medicine. Traditionally known for its training of doctors, the faculty now offers a full range of health and biomedical science programmes at undergraduate level. Students will have the opportunity to transfer into Medicine after completion of their first year of Bachelor of Health Sciences or Bachelor of Science (Biomedical Science).
- The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university in the QS World University Rankings. Placed 83rd in the world, the university is the only university in New Zealand in the top 100 globally.
- The University of Auckland enjoys an excellent reputation and rankings in the world of Medicine, being placed in the top 40 for both Pharmacy & Pharmacology and Nursing:
- Pharmacy & Pharmacology (#28 in the world)
- Nursing (#35 in the world)
- Education (#29 in the world)
- Sports-related Subjects (#43 in the world)
At a glance
- Kings Bournemouth
- Kings Brighton
- Kings London
- Kings Oxford
- Completed 11 – 12 years of schooling
- Minimum IELTS 6.5
- Completing the Medical Summer Programme first is highly recommended
- 1 academic year (3 terms)
- Average 21 hours per week, plus homework and private study
- Raise academic qualifications to UK university entrance level
- Raise English to university level
- Develop learning and self-study skills for degree level
- Full preparation for participation in the MMIs
- Develop relevant working experience required for entry into medical school
One-year Foundation pathway
You will follow the specialist Kings Advanced Level Foundation. This is based on A-level and taught by A-level teachers.
You will study Biology or Chemistry, plus a minimum of one further Science (Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Physics) along with the compulsory subjects of Data Handling/Statistics and Communication/Study Skills. Any other subject is acceptable as the third option, with the exception of Further Maths.
Two-year A-level pathway
You will study Biology and Chemistry at A-level, as well as either Maths or Physics.
University of Auckland entry criteria
After successfully completing your course at Kings you will have the opportunity to apply to the Bachelor of Health Sciences or the Bachelor of Science (Biomedical Science) at the University of Auckland.
After completing the first year, students are then able to apply for a Medical degree. Applicants will be selected on the basis of their year one results in the Bachelor of Health Sciences or Bachelor of Science (Biomedical Science) programme, UMAT score, and an interview.
For full details see here
Entry to the Bachelor of Health Sciences:
- A-levels: ABB
- Foundation: Minimum of 80% including one of Biology, Chemistry or Physics
Entry to the Bachelor of Science (Biomedical Science):
- A-levels: ABB
- Foundation: Minimum of 80%
- Bachelor of Health Sciences: Equivalent of IELTS 6.5 overall, no bands below 6.0
- Bachelor of Science (Biomedical Sciences): Equivalent of IELTS 6.0 overall no bands below 5.5.
Thank you for your enquiry.
We'll be in touch soon.
The Kings Admissions Team