Course structure and content
You will not only be joining live-streamed classes from the UK, but will be very much part of the school community. As such you will have access to:
- A Kings Personal Tutor to support your IGCSE learning
- Live lessons from the UK taught by qualified and experienced teachers in small classes
- Personal school hub with full access to the learning area, live classes, course resources, full recordings of previous lessons for review/revision, timetable, homework records, assignment deadline reminders etc.
- Access to learning 24/7, in additional to live timetabled classes
- Personal access to the teachers at all times
- Personal feedback from teachers on performance, progress and ways to improve further
- Regular progress reports for students and parents
- Evaluation and assessment of previous learning, including school transcripts and other learning and experience
- Creation of an Individualised Learning Plan (ILP) based on future ambitions
- Guaranteed progression opportunities for further studies with Kings Colleges in the UK
- Conditional Letters of Acceptance for onward progression to Kings programmes
- Kings Certificate on completion of the course
- Assistance with locating examination centres convenient to location of study for public examinations
- Internationally recognised IGCSE qualifications
- Kings support throughout the whole journey of admissions, successful study and progression to the next stage of your education
N.B. Timings are indicative and do not show free periods
The Academic Year
As with a traditional school experience,
classes are formed at the start of the
academic year with students in each class
working together through to successful
completion of the course. This builds a sense
of community within each class, with students
getting to know each other, working
individually and collaboratively in varied and
engaging activities to facilitate learning.
Personal teacher interaction
Teachers know every student in their class and
develop a strong understanding of their
individual learning needs and styles and can
tailor learning activities accordingly.
Classroom interactions are varied, including
whole class, small group and individual
activities. The teacher continually monitors all
students’ performance and is always available
to answer questions, whether that is with the
whole class, group or direct personal
questions from an individual students.
Students always have a channel of
communication to gain the support they need,
helping to build their confidence and achieve
successful learning outcomes and results in
their IGCSE qualifications.
Progress monitoring and assessment
Students complete a variety of classroom, homework and assessments through the programme. Student progress is monitored throughout the programme with on-going feedback, regular reports all working towards the ﬁnal public IGCSE examinations.
All IGCSE classes lead to ﬁnal public examinations or progression to complete GCSEs at Kings Colleges in the UK. We prepare all our learners thoroughly for their public examinations and provide full advice, support and guidance for students to select, apply and progress to the most appropriate course to suit their individual circumstances and ambitions.
Learning clubs and activities
Kings tutors will provide guidance on development opportunities outside of classroom activities.
These are an important means of enhancing understanding and can support future studies or university ambitions.
- Study the ﬁrst year (or ﬁrst term) of internationally recognised IGCSE qualiﬁcations online before transferring to the UK to complete the second year of study at a Kings College
- Or complete the ﬁnal year of IGCSEs in your own country and progress to A-levels or Foundation Programmes at Kings Colleges in the UK
- Raise your English to the level required for the next stage of study
- Gain academic and personal development; including international communication and study skills, responsibility, independence, group and teamwork