UCLan Medical School pathway
Founded in 1828 and granted university status in 1992, the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
It was the first modern university in the UK to be included in the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings.
In 2013 QS awarded UCLan the full five stars for its approach to ‘Internationalisation’
- In the top 3.7% of universities worldwide according to The Centre for World University Rankings 2016 (CWUR)
At a glance
- Kings Bournemouth
- Kings Brighton
- Kings London
- Kings Oxford
- January 2023
- September 2023
- January 2024
- Completed 11 – 12 years of schooling
- Minimum IELTS 6.5
- Completing the Medical Summer Programme first is highly recommended
- 1 academic year (3 terms)
- Average 21 hours per week, plus homework and private study
- Raise academic qualifications to UK university entrance level
- Raise English to university level
- Develop learning and self-study skills for degree level
- Full preparation for participation in the MMIs
- Develop relevant working experience required for entry into medical school
Two-year A-level pathway
You will study a range of standard A-level subjects, choosing from:
as well as a range of other potential subjects.
One-year Foundation pathway
You will follow the specialist Kings Advanced Level Foundation. This is based on A-level and taught by A-level teachers.
Each of the three sciences will be taught:
UCLan Medical School entry criteria
UCLan accept applications directly, not through UCAS. So you have until the end of January to submit your application.
- A-level: AAB
- Foundation: Minimum 70%, with at least two science subjects including Chemistry
- IELTS 7.0 (minimum 7.0 in each category)
You will usually need to attend MMIs (Multiple Mini Interviews). Kings will prepare you fully for these.
UCLan do not require students to sit the UCAT.
Other progression options
If you successfully complete the programme but decide to apply elsewhere your Kings UCAS Counsellor will help you find the best alternative course or university.
Thank you for your enquiry.
We'll be in touch soon.
The Kings Admissions Team