University of Nicosia Medical School pathway
Kings is partnered with the largest university in Cyprus, the University of Nicosia, to offer a pathway to Medicine.
The University of Nicosia Medical School
This was the first medical school in Cyprus and was established in 2011 through a partnership with St George’s University of London where the school offered the graduate-entry MBBS.
Building on the experiences with the MBBS, the University of Nicosia Medical School is now offering a 6-Year MD programme designed for high school leavers, an MSc in Family Medicine for practicing primary care physicians, a Master of Public Health (MPH) and a Master of Science in Health Services Administration (MHSA) for both working professionals and new graduates and a PhD in Medical Sciences, for research in all disciplines or specialties of Medicine.
- EU accredited medical degree allowing medical practice pathways worldwide
- Listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools
- Diverse student body from over 80 countries
- High-end accommodation
- Robust supporting mechanisms such as dedicated tutors, careers advice and Student Success team
Pathway at a glance
- Kings Bournemouth
- Kings Brighton
- Kings London
- Kings Oxford
- Completed 11 – 12 years of schooling
- Minimum IELTS 6.5
- Completing the Medical Summer Programme first is highly recommended
- 1 academic year (3 terms)
- Average 21 hours per week, plus homework and private study
- Raise academic qualifications to UK university entrance level
- Raise English to university level
- Develop learning and self-study skills for degree level
- Full preparation for participation in the MMIs
- Develop relevant working experience required for entry into medical school
One-year Foundation pathway
You will follow the specialist Kings Advanced Level Foundation. This is based on A-level and taught by A-level teachers.
You will study Biology or Chemistry, plus a minimum of one further Science (Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Physics) along with the compulsory subjects of Data Handling/Statistics and Communication/Study Skills. Any other subject is acceptable as the third option, with the exception of Further Maths.
Two-year A-level pathway
You will study Biology and Chemistry at A-level, as well as either Maths or Physics.
University of Nicosia entry criteria
After successfully completing your course at Kings you will have the opportunity to apply to the 6-Year MD programme.
- A-levels: ABB, to include Biology and one of either Chemistry, Physics or Maths, and one more subject.
- Foundation: Minimum of 65% overall including Biology and at least one other Science
Applicants must satisfy one of the language requirements below:
- IELTS 6.5 overall, with 6.5 in writing and a minimum of 6.0 in all other elements
- 213 overall in the computer-based TOEFL (550 paper-based, 79 internet-based)
- Grade 5 in English language GCSE (or B in the old grading system)
- A score of 5 in English in the International Baccalaureate Standard Level (SL)
Thank you for your enquiry.
We'll be in touch soon.
The Kings Admissions Team