Keele Medical School pathway
Kings is partnered with Keele University to offer a pathway to the prestigious Medical School of this excellent university.
Keele University has a reputation for excellence in the medical and health studies, and the Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences is one of the UK’s leading centres of applied research in primary care. Keele is currently ranked 6th in the UK for Medicine.
Founded in 1949, it currently has over 7,500 undergraduate students. It has the largest campus in the country, 600 acres of parkland in the heart of England, near Stoke. The university is within an hour’s drive of Manchester and Birmingham..
the 2022 Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide, Keele is
ranked in the UK Top 20 for Medicine (#6), Radiography (#7), Nursing
(#12) and Pharmacology and Pharmacy (#18)
is ranked #9 for Medicine and #16 for Nursing and Midwifery in the
Guardian Good University Guide 2022
- It was ranked number 1 in England for overall Student Satisfaction (NSS 2018 – broad-based universities)
- 96% graduate employability (HESA – Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education 2017)
Application through UCAS
At a glance
- Kings Bournemouth
- Kings Brighton
- Kings London
- Kings Oxford
- Completed 11 – 12 years of schooling
- Minimum IELTS 6.5
- Completing the Medical Summer Programme first is highly recommended
- 1 academic year (3 terms)
- Average 21 hours per week, plus homework and private study
- Raise academic qualifications to UK university entrance level
- Raise English to university level
- Develop learning and self-study skills for degree level
- Full preparation for participation in the MMIs
- Develop relevant working experience required for entry into medical school
One-year Foundation pathway
You will follow the specialist Kings Advanced Level Foundation. This is based on A-level and taught by A-level teachers.
You will study Biology or Chemistry, plus a minimum of one further Science (Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Physics) along with the compulsory subjects of Data Handling/Statistics and Communication/Study Skills. Any other subject is acceptable as the third option, with the exception of Further Maths.
Two-year A-level pathway
You will study Biology and Chemistry at A-level, as well as either Maths or Physics.
Keele Medical School entry criteria
After successfully completing your course at Kings you will have the opportunity to apply for the Keele University medical course (MBChB).
- A-level: AAA
- Foundation: Minimum 75% overall with no individual subject below 60%. Subject marks in the three optional subjects must all be 70% or higher with either chemistry or biology at 75% or higher.
- IELTS 7.0 (minimum 7.0 in each category)
You must have completed the BioMedical Admissions Test (BMAT) in either the August/September or October/November of the year of application (e.g. 2020 for 2021 entry).
Once you have taken BMAT, you must apply to Keele through UCAS.
Your Kings UCAS adviser will support your application.
You will usually need to attend MMIs (Multiple Mini Interviews). Kings will prepare you fully for these.
After consideration of your UCAS application and the above conditions you may be invited for an interview by Keele University.
Other progression options
If you successfully complete the programme but decide to apply elsewhere your Kings UCAS Counsellor will help you find the best alternative course or university.
Thank you for your enquiry.
We'll be in touch soon.
The Kings Admissions Team