Save time and focus on what you love
Within the UK, it is standard for those students intent on studying Art and Design at university to complete a one-year Art Foundation course after doing A-levels and before beginning a degree.
The new fast-track Art pathway in Oxford will give you the chance to complete both A-levels and Art Foundation course in just two years.
Not only will it save you time, you will also be able to focus earlier and more intensely on your specialist area of study.
You will spend Year 1 completing Art and Design A-levels in two of the following subjects:
- Art, Craft and Design
- Fine Art
- Graphic Communication
You will then spend Year 2 completing a UAL Foundation Diploma in Art and Design, before progressing to your chosen university and degree course. All with the support of our specialist UCAS counsellors.
Year 1: A-levels
- Average 7 hours per week per subject, plus homework and private study
- 1 Academic Year (3 terms)
- Academic: Completed 10-11 years of schooling (GCSE or equivalent)
- Language: Minimum IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
Art and Design (Art, Craft and Design)
- This an exploration of practical and critical/contextual work through a range of 2D and/or 3D processes and mediums.
- It provides a platform for further study of the arts, a background for other fields of study and develops creative thinking skills.
Art and Design (Fine Art)
- Fine art requires engagement with aesthetic and intellectual concepts through the use of traditional and/or digital media, materials, techniques and processes for the purpose of self-expression.
- You will explore practical and critical/contextual work through the disciplines of painting and drawing, printmaking, sculpture, lens-based image making.
- You will communicate ideas and messages about the observed world, the qualities of materials, perceptions, or preconceptions.
Art and Design (Graphic Design)
- You will explore practical and critical/contextual work through the disciplines of advertising, illustration, branding, information design.
- You will be required to develop practical and theoretical knowledge and understanding of relevant materials, processes, technologies and resources
- You will learn how ideas, feelings and meanings can be conveyed and interpreted in images and artefacts
Art and Design (Photography)
A-level Art, Craft and Design factsheet
A-level Photography factsheet
A-level Fine Art factsheet
A-level Graphic Communication factsheet
- Allows you to expand your creative horizons through taking and editing photographs
- Teaches you about a whole range of photographic techniques and processes
- Helps you to develop an understanding of the creative process
Year 2: UAL Foundation Diploma in Art and Design
UAL Foundation Diploma in Art and Design
- September following completion of Year 1
- Average 21 hours per week (plus homework and private study)
- 1 Academic Year (3 terms)
- Academic: Completed 11 years of schooling with proof of good grades
- English: IELTS 5.0
The School of Art + Design in Oxford
- Dedicated art studio located in the heart of Oxford
- Bright and modern with excellent facilities
- iMacs with Adobe Creative Suite
- Photography equipment
- Reference library
Thank you for your enquiry.
We'll be in touch soon.
The Kings Admissions Team