Anyone planning to study certain medicine, veterinary medicine or related courses at certain universities.
The BMAT is currently used by the following UK universities for medicine:
- University of Oxford Medical School
- University of Cambridge
- University of Leeds
- University College London
- Lancaster University
- Imperial College London
- Brighton and Sussex Medical School
- Keele University (international applicants)
- University of Manchester Medical School (international applicants)
What is involved?
The BMAT is a two-hour admissions test which medical or veterinary students must sit to stand a chance of securing a place at the most exclusive universities. It is a way for those institutions to ensure they select only the very best calibre students.