Aston Medical School pathway
Kings is partnered with Aston University to offer a unique pathway to the Medical School of this world-class university.
Aston University has an exceptional reputation for excellence in business, engineering, science and technology, and a brand new Medical School that opened in 2018.
Founded in 1895, and granted university status in 1966, it currently has over 7,500 undergraduate students.
- Top 80 in the world for graduate employment (QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2016)
- Top 20 rankings in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017 for Pharmacology and Pharmacy (10), Building (10), Social Policy (16), Aeronautical and Manufacturing Engineering (19), Business Studies (20)
At a glance
- Kings Bournemouth
- Kings Brighton
- Kings London
- Kings Oxford
- Completed 11 – 12 years of schooling
- Minimum IELTS 6.5
- Completing the Medical Summer Programme first is highly recommended
- 1 academic year (3 terms)
- Average 21 hours per week, plus homework and private study
- Raise academic qualifications to UK university entrance level
- Raise English to university level
- Develop learning and self-study skills for degree level
- Full preparation for participation in the MMIs
- Develop relevant working experience required for entry into medical school
Aston Medical School enrichment programme
In addition to your Kings classes, you will meet regularly with Aston Medical School staff. They will give you guidance on your application and on studying Medicine.
Two-year A-level pathway
You will study Biology and Chemistry at A-level, as well as either Maths or Physics.
One-year Foundation pathway
You will follow the specialist Kings Advanced Level Foundation. This is based on A-level and taught by A-level teachers.
You will study Biology, Chemistry and either Physics or Maths. Very strong students may also opt to do Further Maths.
On application to Kings you will receive a Conditional Offer letter from Aston.
Aston Medical School entry criteria
After successfully completing your course at Kings you will have the opportunity to apply for the Aston University medical course (MBChB).
- Foundation: Minimum 75% overall with at least 70% in Chemistry and Biology
- IELTS 7.0 (minimum 7.0 in each category)
You will need to register and book to take the University Clinical Aptitude Test (UCAT).
Once you have taken UCAT, you must apply to Aston through UCAS.
Your Kings UCAS adviser will support your application.
You will usually need to attend MMIs (Multiple Mini Interviews). Kings will prepare you fully for these.
After consideration of your UCAS application and the above conditions you may be invited for an interview by Aston University.
Other progression options
If you successfully complete the programme but decide to apply elsewhere your Kings UCAS Counsellor will help you find the best alternative course or university.
Thank you for your enquiry.
We'll be in touch soon.
The Kings Admissions Team