Who is this course for?
Students aged 17 and above who have finished high school in their own country and are looking for a gap year experience that will give an insight into the world of international education.
- English: IELTS 5.5 or equivalent (5.0 in Reading and Writing), lower entry requirements may be offered upon confirmation of study plan
- Good High School grades
- 1 or 2 terms (3 to 6 months)
- Average of 20 – 25 hours per week, plus homework and private study
- The opportunity to increase or acquire subject-specific knowledge at pre-university level
- Gain a valuable insight into UK academic life
- Develop university-level English proficiency
Course content and structure
The programme includes a combination of English language and Academic preparation.
All students will take the core modules Communication and Study Skills and Data Handling / Information Technology and will choose three additional subjects depending on aptitude and interest.
Available subjects include:
- Art and Design
- Business studies
- Government and Politics
- Further Maths
For students who are interested in Art or Business, we recommend joining our specialist Art and International Business programmes.
Students who want to go on to complete nine months of study with us, will also open up the possibility of applying to universities in the UK and abroad as the course will be recognised as a foundation year.
Sample enrichment activities
- Duke of Edinburgh Award
- Trinity Arts awards
- Off-site residential trips
- Sports clubs
- Arts and craft clubs
- Student Council
Thank you for your enquiry.
We'll be in touch soon.
The Kings Admissions Team