Sample timetable for Vacation 25+
This course is designed for students 25 years and older who wish to acquire functional skills to enrich their social, linguistic, and professional lives.
The curriculum is ideal for motivated professionals, enthusiastic travelers, and active seniors who want to improve their overall English language level, yet still have free time to explore their surroundings and practice their English outside of class.
What is included in the price
- 20 lessons per week
- Welcome Information Pack
- Placement test on arrival, weekly assignments, group participation, and progress tests
- Teaching materials and use of coursebooks relevant to age group and learning needs
- Use of Computer Learning Centre
- Access to ClassMate, the Kings online learning platform
- WiFi internet in the Center
- Two free social activities per week
- End-of-course certificate (90% or higher attendance required)
Course structure and content
The Vacation 25+ program offers an integrated approach for developing the essential skills needed for using English in the professional and personal spheres.
Key international communication skills, including reading newspapers, writing emails, study skills, and group-work techniques are covered. Students are exposed to authentic content from a variety of subject areas and are given the opportunity to further explore topics in their interest area.
Students have 20 lessons (15 hours) per week, and can expect the course to feature the following:
1. General English
During the General English lessons, students can expect to cover:
- Note taking
- Research skills
- Time management
- Dictionary work
Cultural and personal development
- Understanding cultural difference and similarity
- Working with others
- Presenting an argument
2. Professional communication
Students develop specific life skills that are needed for professional communications and personal development, and practice specific functional skills that provide a competitive advantage in all areas of their adult lives.
Students on this course will work on the skills that enable them to do things such as:
- Set goals and discuss personal action plans
- Prepare and give a short presentation and give feedback on others'
- Persuade others by raising objections and making suggestions
- Turn problems into solutions in activities such as presenting a business idea
- Report information on such topics as information about media
- Think logically and discuss logical thinking
- Learn from experiences by discussing past experiences
- Develop memory and discuss memory tools
- Work as part of a team and reflect on teamwork
- Understand and talk about graphs
- Prepare for a job interview and describe work experiences
3. Learning Excursions
Every week students can choose from a range of activities, at least two of which are guaranteed to be free.
In addition, students on the Vacation 25+ course occasionally take learning excursions to nearby places of interest in Los Angeles, including museums, exhibitions, and famous landmarks. This way, students discover more about Los Angeles culture and history of the country while practicing their English.
Sample excursions* include but are not limited to:
- Grand Central Market
- Griffith Park Observatory
- Local Art Museums
- Historic Cinema Houses
*Some trips require an additional fee and may combine with students on other courses.