Sample timetable for Discover New York
This programme offers students aged 16+ the chance to spend an unforgettable summer vacation living and learning in New York.
You'll be based at the beautiful location of Concordia College in Bronxville, NY with easy access to New York City. The campus is compact and offers a perfect opportunity to experience studying on an American college campus.
What is included in the price
- 15 hours of English lessons per week
- Half-board accommodation in twin rooms (breakfast and lunch OR dinner)
- Weekly travel card for commuter rail and NYC metro
- One full-day and one half-day excursion per week
- Two on-campus cultural or sport activities per week
Your English lessons will help you improve your language skills in speaking, listening, reading and writing. Lessons will also explore American culture — specifically, the history, politics and social economy of New York and the United States. Classes take place on the college campus in modern classrooms which are all equipped with data projectors.
Your meal plan
Meals take place in the classic dining hall on campus. Breakfast and lunch OR dinner is provided every day with a choice of meals.
You will live in a residence hall on campus conveniently located next to the classrooms and dining facility.
The residence offers twin rooms in a traditional dormitory style setting with shared bathrooms. Students have access to the student center and lounges to enjoy recreational time with other students. Laundry facilities are available free of charge.
The campus is located a 15-minute walk from the train station; direct trains to Grand Central Terminal in central Manhattan take 35 minutes and run frequently 7 days a week.
Excursions and social activities
Our Discover New York programme includes a weekly travel card for the train as well as a Metro card for the subway for all students.
There is plenty of free time built into the weekly schedule so you can explore New York City in your own time.
Full-day excursions (included in the price):
- Greenwich Village, Chinatown and Soho
- Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- Brooklyn Bridge, Ground Zero and One World Observatory
- American Museum of Natural History and Central Park
- Southstreet Seaport, Financial District Walking Tour, and Staten Island Ferry
Half-day excursions (included in the price):
- Empire State Building
- Museum of Modern Art
- The Highline and Chelsea Market
- Grand Central Station and Fifth Avenue
- Top of the Rock