Typical timetable for the Compact Course
This course is designed for students who wish to improve their overall English language level, yet still have plenty of free time to explore their surroundings and practise their English outside of class.
What is included in the price
- 20 lessons per week (15 hours)
- Welcome Information Pack
- Placement test on arrival, weekly assignments, group participation, and progress tests
- Course materials
- Use of Computer Learning Centre
- Access to ClassMate, the Kings online learning platform
- WiFi internet in College
- Optional weekly lecture programme
- Two free social activities per week
- End-of-course certificate (90% or higher attendance required)
From Kings Life
Linda fom Italy took the Compact Course at Kings Brighton, and tells us what she thought.
Course structure and content
20 lessons per week (15 hours), plus 4 lessons (3 hours) of guided study in the US (required by US visa).
These are usually every morning from Monday to Friday.
During the summer high season you might have lessons in the mornings, afternoons or a combination of both.
- Note taking
- Research skills
- Time management
- Dictionary work
- Learner autonomy
Cultural and personal development
- Understanding cultural difference and similarity
- Working with others
- Presenting an argument