Sample 2-week timetable for English Plus Business and Leadership
This course is for students who want to combine English with information on US entrepreneurial culture, and learn how to become a future leader in business.
The course includes lectures from local entrepreneurs and visits to local companies and universities.
Course may include trips to local small businesses or start-ups, college business programs and/or talks by local business people.
- Babson College
- Buzz Lab at BU
- Entrepreneur clubs at other local colleges
- Innovation and Design Building
- Martin Trust Center at MIT
- Tazo Chocolates, Johnny Cupcakes or other local start-ups
What is included in the price
- 28 lessons per week
- Welcome Information Pack
- Placement test on arrival, weekly progress tests and regular homework
- Course materials
- Use of Computer Learning Centre
- Access to ClassMate, the Kings online learning platform
- WiFi internet in College
- Optional weekly lecture programme
- Accompanied visits to small businesses or small business organizations
- Two free social activities per week
- End-of-course certificate (90% or higher attendance required)
Course structure and content
In the mornings, students have lessons in General English, to improve the overall level of their English language. In the afternoons, they are part of a specialized business and leadership class.
2. Business terminology relating to development of small business and start-up culture
3. Presentation skills, formal business writing
4. Business case studies
- Characteristics of entrepreneurs and leaders in business
- Small-business environment in the US
- How to turn an idea into a business
- Writing a business plan
- The role of social media
From Kings Life
Katherine Ramirez Puentes from Colombia shares her reasons for learning English, and her experience on this program at Kings Boston.