Sample timetable for English Plus Marketing and Digital Media
This course is designed for students who either work in the digital media or creative industries now, or plan to in the future. It will help support specific language development in a wide variety of business contexts, with particular focus on the vocabulary used in the areas of new media, digital communication and creative technologies.
Students will gain an insight into the structure and working practices of the digital media industries in one of the most exciting and creative locations in the UK. It provides the opportunity to see how one of the fastest growing global industries functions in a real-life context.
At certain times of year, students may have the opportunity to attend digital media events such as Brighton Digital Festival, Spring Forward Festival and Brighton SEO Conference. Kings Brighton staff are always happy to help point students in the direction of other local creative meet-ups and workshops that take place across the city year-round.
What is included in the price
- 28 lessons per week
- Welcome Information Pack
- Placement test on arrival, weekly progress tests and regular homework
- Course materials
- Use of Computer Learning Centre
- Access to ClassMate, the KIngs online learning platform
- WiFi internet in College
- Optional weekly lecture programme
- Optional weekly guided self-study sessions
- Regular accompanied visits to companies and institutions
- Two free social activities per week
- End-of-Course Certificate (90% or higher attendance required)
Watch the film
The course combines language learning with exciting practical skills in media production, creating augmented reality and social media marketing.
Students Landy and Capucine were involved in producing a promotional film for Kings while studying English Plus Marketing and Digital Media. Take a look:
From Kings Life
Capucine, from France, tells us about being a Social Media Ambassador and how she became involved in making a Kings promotional video.
Course structure and content
In the mornings, students have lessons in General English, to improve the overall level of their English language.
In the afternoons they are part of a specialised language class with a focus on marketing, digital media and new technologies. All relevant aspects of English within this context are covered. Students are encouraged to explore specific areas related to digital media.
The course will also include trips to local companies and businesses relevant to the course.
The total module content covers a 12-week syllabus, which will be repeated throughout the year.
Marketing and Digital Media
- Social media marketing
- Digital strategy
- New technologies and communication systems
- Branding and advertising
- Online campaign development
- Creative software and the digital media workplace
- Business and marketing terminology
- Use of creative technologies in a commercial context.
- Presentation, pitch and report