Your first week
When you first arrive we’ll assess your current level in reading, writing, speaking and listening.
This is so we can place you in the right class.
During a one-to-one meeting with a senior teacher or academic staff member we’ll agree the level you want to reach.
We’ll then create your personalised progress plan to make sure you achieve your goal.
These three steps are repeated every 6 weeks throughout your course:
Weekly assessments in class
These focus on the content that you have covered in your lessons that week.
It’s a great way to check you’re keeping up with the class and understanding what you’re taught.
Every 6 weeks, you will be thoroughly assessed on your reading, writing, speaking and listening skills.
We compare your results with your first day assessment so we can map your progress and see where you might need extra support.
One-to-one progress tutorial
Another personal meeting with a senior teacher or academic staff member to discuss your progress and the results of your recent progress test.
You can also agree your next Special Interest Group class.
- These steps ensure that you have regular structured assessment of your progress and regular one-to-one meetings with your teachers throughout your course.
At the end of your course
End of course report
- At the end of you course, you receive your official End of Course Report.
- This maps your entire progress from start to finish. It also shows your final overall grade.
- You will also receive individual grades for reading, writing and speaking as well as attainment, attendance, and class contribution.
Official Kings Certificate
- If you have attended at least 90% of your lessons we’ll also present your official Kings Certificate at the end of your course.
- You can show this to employers or universities along with your end of course report.
- It’s your formal record of everything you have achieved.
Thank you for your enquiry.
We'll be in touch soon.
The Kings Admissions Team