Contact Quote Apply

Studying in the UK

If you live outside the European Union, you will almost certainly be classed as a visa national and will need to obtain a visa before you can study in the UK.

If you are a European citizen living within the EU, you will not need a visa to student in England.

If you are classed as a visa national, depending on the length of time you wish to study you may require a student visitor visa or a general student visa.

For the latest information and guidance, we suggest you visit the UK Visa and Immigration website:

Studying in the USA

Depending on your course, the number of hours study per week and your nationality, you may need a visa to study in the USA. There are certain exceptions for courses with less than 18 class hours per week.

For the latest student visa information visit this website:

To enroll as a full-time student in the USA following a course of 18 contact hours or more per week you must obtain an F-1 visa:

Before you can apply for an F-1 visa you will need a I-20 Certificate of Eligibility from Kings.

F-1 visa application process

1. Submit a completed Kings Education application.

Students must have a valid I-20 form to be able to apply for the F-1 visa. Kings Education will issue the I-20 after the completed application form is processed.

2. Make an appointment with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

Students must apply for a visa in their country of residence after receiving their I-20. The local Embassy or Consulate will provide students with specific application instructions.

3. Pay the I-901 Fee

The I-901 fee must be paid before the visa appointment. Visit this website for instructions and acceptable payment methods:

4. Bring all necessary forms and documents to the interview (visa application, SEVIS I-20, financial statements, etc.).

Kings requires the following to be able to issue an I-20:

  • Completed Kings Education application form
  • Student address in home country (must not be a P.O. box)
  • Copy of valid passport
  • Paid registration fee (no deposit required).
  • Proof of financial eligibility:
    • Must be dated within past 60 days.
    • Must be liquid account (i.e., savings or checking, not investment).
    • Must show funds to cover invoice amount.*
    • If in foreign currency, copy of exchange rate for the amount should accompany financial statement (this should be done by Kings).
    • Should be in student name or name of sponsor.
    • If financial statement is submitted by sponsor, an Affadavit of Support must accompany the application.

For the latest student visa information on visit this website:

Thank you for your enquiry.
We'll be in touch soon.
The Kings Admissions Team