Good Ofsted rating for Kings London
In early 2018 Kings London was inspected by Ofsted and, we are delighted to report, achieved a 'good' rating overall.
Ofsted is the most rigorous and detailed inspection regime in the country. Schools are generally inspected every three years, and feedback from the inspectors is what helps us maintain consistently high standards and exceptional results.
The inspection reports highlighted many strengths, with the schools achieving an 'outstanding' rating in the area of 'personal development, behaviour and welfare' and a 'good' rating in the areas of 'effectiveness of leadership and management', ‘'quality of teaching, learning and assessment' and 'outcomes for pupils'. Some of the highlights are as follows:
Personal development, behaviour and welfare
- "The school's work to promote pupils' personal development and welfare is outstanding. Excellent relationships at all levels and a high degree of trust make the college a stimulating and pleasant place for everyone to work."
- "Students were very positive about the quality of support they receive for their university applications. The advice and guidance undoubtedly helps them to choose the best courses and universities for their future. The preparation for the next stage of their education or employment is excellent."
Effectiveness of leadership and management
- "Leaders have high expectations and strongly promote a culture of success. They have a caring approach and have put systems in place which help students settle well and quickly get to grips with the demands of their courses."
- "The college respects students’ different cultures while at the same time introducing them to British culture and fundamental British values. Discussions and debates, as well as involvement in the decision making in the college, help students to understand principles of democracy, tolerance and the rule of law. These values are very clearly seen in the day-to-day life of the college."
Quality of teaching, learning and assessment
- "Teachers have excellent subject knowledge and clearly understand the requirements of the courses they are teaching. This gives students confidence and helps them to gain new knowledge and skills well. Skilful use of interactive whiteboards and video clips provide effective visual materials to support students’ language development. Students support each other well in lessons and in many classes they were working effectively in pairs to develop their understanding."
Outcomes for students
- "Students achieve well and results have improved since the previous inspection. In 2017, all students on A-level courses progressed to a suitable course at university. A-level results built on the improvement in 2016. In 2017, over half the grades achieved were at A* and A. This was well above the national average."