Excellent results once again for our academic students in the UK
As A-level results are announced throughout the UK, we are delighted to confirm that both our A-level and Advanced Level Foundation students have achieved fantastic results.
Their outstanding grades will take them on to a huge variety of degree courses, at a range of outstanding universities. In fact, our students will be heading to 26 of the current Times and Sunday Times Top 30 UK universities, including the following in the Top 10:
- University of Oxford (2)
- Imperial College London (4)
- Durham University (5)
- Lancaster University (6)
- University College London (=7)
- University of Loughborough (=7)
- University of Warwick (9)
- University of Leeds (10)
(university rankings correct at time of writing — August 2018)
Grades and results
Highlights from our Advanced Level Foundation results included 56% of students at Kings Brighton achieving a Distinction — in other words, a grade equivalent to AAA at A-level. Across all four colleges, two thirds of all Advanced Level Foundation students have achieved a Distinction or Merit — equivalent to BBB or above.
A-level results across Kings Bournemouth, Brighton, London and Oxford are equally as impressive, with the number of A* grades achieved being 75% above the national average. Overall, the pass-rate statistics for Kings students were as follows:
- A* - 14%
- A*- A - 42%
- A* - B - 65%
- A* - C - 80%
Reaching higher with Kings
Kings has a student-centred ethos, developing individual learning plans to meet the needs of each student and ensure they achieve their full potential. Students' cognitive ability is assessed, and predicted grades gained from national benchmarks. Kings students consistently achieve grades above these benchmarks. Highlights of results among our UK colleges in 2018 were:
- 39% of A-level students achieved 2 or 3 grades higher than predicted on entry
- 65% of Advanced Level Foundation students achieved higher grades than predicted on entry
Peiyi Zhou is just one of the many students to have exceeded her initial grade predictions, achieving actual results of AAAA after initial predications of C grades. She has a place to read Law at the University of Manchester.
Among our top-performing students were Timofei Fedotov from Russia, Negin Nematiniaye from Iran and Yuchen Dong from China.
- Timofei studied A-levels, and has won a place to study Engineering at his first choice university, the University of Oxford. He achieved four A* grades, in subjects including Maths, Further Maths and Physics.
- Negin also took A-levels with us and achieved two A* grades and two As. She is planning on going to the University of Leeds to study Medical Sciences.
- Yuchen will also be attending a Top 10 university, taking up a place at Durham University to study Accounting and Finance. Yuchen completed the Advanced Level Foundation at Kings, achieving an overall result equivalent to A*A*A* at A-level.
Congratulations to all our students for their hard work and achievements. We wish them the best of luck as they take their next steps!