A choice of Masters of Science
M.S. Applied Mathematics & Data Science
Applied mathematics and data science are employed in almost every business and industry, including communications, manufacturing, defense, engineering, business, finance and education. UW-Stout's Master of Science degree in Applied Mathematics and Data Science will prepare you to identify and solve challenging problems through statistical analysis, modeling, data analysis and computation skills.
The program's advanced curriculum, developed by our industry-experienced faculty, will train you to:
- Apply advanced mathematics, statistics, and computer science skills to today's most immediate problems and questions.
- Analyze data and create mathematical and statistical models for business and industry.
- Work as a member of an effective interdisciplinary team.
- Use effective professional communication skills in scientific and non-scientific environments.
View information on UW-Stout website
M.S. Food Science and Technology
UW-Stout’s Master of Science in Food Science and Technology program is for students interested in food safety, food product development, sensory analysis, processing technology and quality assurance. The program offers exceptional value, ease of completion, and an applied research track to professional positions with competitive salaries. Our comprehensive master’s program prepares students for technical/leadership positions in the food industry, academia and government.
The Food Science and Technology program prepares you for:
- Graduate co-ops/internships leading to positions in demand in a geographic area
- Opportunities for applied research, sensory evaluation, and independent studies on real industry problems
- Small student-to-faculty ratio provides ready access to professors with a broad range of food expertise
View information on UW-Stout website
M.S. Operations and Supply Management
UW-Stout's Master of Science degree in Operations and Supply Management (OSM) prepares you for advanced leadership roles in global business and technical environments. Operations, supply chain and logistics management are areas that need managers who can apply both existing and emerging technologies to plan, organize and implement effective systems.
- Engineering Technology Management
- Occupational Safety and Industry Hygiene
- Operations Management
- Project Management
- Quality Management
- SAP ERP Business Analytics
View more information on the UW-Stoud website
UW-Stout's Master's of Science in Applied Psychology (MSAP) will give you the applied research and data analysis skills to prepare you for a wide-range of careers in business, education, evaluation, non-profits, healthcare, and other fields. Using theories and methods from psychology, you will help organizations make data-driven decisions and move towards evidence-based practice.
Graduate Success Snapshot
- 100%: Graduates employed or continuing their education within six months
- $66,000: Median starting salary for first MSAP-related job
- 3.3 Months: Average time spent searching for first MSAP-related job
- Applied experience throughout the program
- Professional, experienced faculty
- Projects with on-campus and external clients
- Cohort model with small class sizes
- No summer or winter courses
- Low-cost, all-inclusive tuition rate (no added fees)
- Graduate Assistant position opportunities
- On-campus research centers (Catalyst, Discovery Center)
- High employment rate in a wide variety of careers
View more information on the UW-Stout website
M.S.Risk Control and Safety Management
UW-Stout's M.S. Risk Control and Safety Management degree will prepare you to serve as a risk control/safety professional who can identify, analyze and promote an organization to control employee safety and other operations risks that are inherent to manufacturing as well as service-based processes.
As a student within the M.S. Risk Control and Safety Management program, you will continuously integrate management theory with realistic, practical problem-solving experiences within our labs and in local business/industrial settings. Our program is nationally recognized by major corporations for promoting the technical, managerial and communication skills that align with the demands of a highly dynamic profession.
The M.S. Risk Control and Safety Management program emphasizes the following valuable and relevant content areas:
- A broad technical base in employee protection, workplace design and engineering principles, regulatory compliance, risk finance, as well as public, property and environmental protection.
- A strong management emphasis which promotes effective communication as well as collaboration skills to prompt management personnel to alter the method(s) of managing moderate to high process risks.