The Welfare and Accommodation Manager will be a point of contact for student welfare issues received from staff and students and will take an active role on welfare and safeguarding aspects within Kings Brighton education provision
The person in role will be responsible for the compliance related to the recruitment of new homestays and will work with existing homestays to provide a friendly, caring home environment for our students.
The person will assist in dealing with any complaints swiftly and ensure that policies are implemented according to health and safety and safeguarding compliance and in line with British Council and OFSTED frameworks.
- Brighton, UK (Kings Brighton)
Closing date for applications
- To apply for this position, please send CV to Sara Foster: email@example.com.
Main responsibilities and duties
- Ensure processes and systems are in place to ensure that every aspect of the student’s welfare is being considered, monitored and reviewed.
- Co-ordinate collation of pre arrival information relating to student welfare issues
- Develop support plans where applicable
- Respond to new welfare issues presented post arrival
- Drive welfare related campaigns
- Work with students to create welfare objects and review progress
- Support the DSL as DDSL
- Ensure knowledge of Ofsted and British Council frameworks is kept updated and implemented
- Be part of a team that provides students with regular welfare contact, new and ongoing, either face to face or online
- Deliver welfare presentations to students during induction and at other important stages of their programme
- Provide support to students who are vulnerable or experiencing difficulties and signpost/refer to external agencies both new and where partnerships are already established.
- Maintain accurate records of all welfare and safeguarding interventions , using MyConcern and iSAMS and ensure appropriate collation and circulation of relevant information to other stakeholders.
- Take a proactive approach to embedding wellbeing and mental health resilience into the student experience and actively publicise support and welfare services to all students and staff.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure a cross college approach to managing student wellbeing is undertaken – eg through joint workshops, resources and enrichment activities.
- Respond to emergency situations from students who are experiencing welfare crisis.
- Ensure completion of necessary processes required for the housing of under 16’s in private fostering arrangements, under 18’s staying in private arrangements and under 18’s wishing go on exeats weekends.
- Attend MDT meetings with residence, EFL and Academic departments and provide required feedback and information to ensure cross college approach to handling welfare issues.
- Provide high levels of customer service to students and internal stakeholders.
- General daily ad hoc office duties
- Perform other duties related to the care of students as required.
Accommodation - homestay
- Recruitment, selection and orientation of homestays
- Point of contact for hosts providing advice and support where necessary, including dealing with complaints
- Update Kings homestay digital portfolio of homestays and ensure hosts meet regulatory selection criteria in line with safer recruitment best practice and ongoing compliance, including training and revisits
- Allocation of students to appropriately matched homestays and processing of relevant documents eg. Booking letters, arrival packs
- Growth of the homestay portfolio for specialist areas eg private fostering
- Handling of daily enquiries related to homestays and students (eg complaints, cancellations, changes of homestay, extensions and curtailments)
- Assisting with the co-ordination of payments to homestays
Role of Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Support DSL in tasks and responsibilities
- Complete necessary training to remain compliant at level 3
- Provide necessary documentation required by local council for under-16s.
- Provide necessary documentation for under 18s staying in private accommodation.
- Arrange private foster care agreements with homestays as required.
- Attend MDT meetings with residence, EFL and Academic departments.
- Support College Services Manager and Welfare Assistant with student’s welfare and confidential issues that arise.
- Coordinate relevant polices
- DBS for staff and homestays
The list of duties is not exhaustive but outlines the main features of the post at the date shown and may vary as the job evolves without affecting the nature of the duties or the responsibility level.
Policies coordinated: Homestay Recruitment, Accommodation and Welfare, Anti Bullying, Behaviour and Discipline, Safeguarding and Child Protection, Sex and Relationships, Care provided for Under 18s
Kings Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Previous work experience in a welfare and accommodation role.
- Previous customer experience/client satisfaction roles
- Experience in using Microsoft Office systems such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with accommodation or residential roles, including knowledge of local area and local government guidelines would be an advantage
- Experience of working in a school environment
- Able to work independently or part as a team.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to work under pressure.
- Able to liaise well with other departments, and good with problem solving.
- Discretion and good understanding of Data Protection.
- Second language would be an advantage
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send CV to Sara Foster: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 6 February 2023
Interviews commence: 13 February 2023
Anticipated start date: 1 March 2023
Successful appointment will be dependent upon:
- Enhanced DBS check
- Confirmation of right to work in the UK
- Satisfactory references (including confirmation of no child safeguarding concerns)