Mathematics/Business/Economics/Data & Statistics/IELTS
- Full-time, employed directly by Kings local school partner
- To apply for this position or to request further information, please email a CV and cover letter to: Michael Parris at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Teachers are responsible for the tuition and academic support for students following Kings university preparation programmes at the Kings International Partnership centres.
The centres will deliver Kings English language and preparatory programmes for student progression, via Kings, to leading universities in the UK and USA. Programmes delivered will include Kings Advanced Level Foundation (UK curriculum) and High School Completion Program (US curriculum) and IELTS preparation courses.
Duties and responsibilities
- Teach small groups of students (predominantly local to the centre location) in line with the syllabus and assessment criteria to enable students to achieve outstanding progress and development.
- Ensure all lessons are well planned with clear aims and learning objectives.
- Be sensitive, adaptable and differentiate learning with appreciation and empathy for students’ linguistic and cultural influences, individual learning styles and abilities.
- Foster a positive and collaborative atmosphere and approach to learning whilst also encouraging students to become independent learners who are actively engaged in and take responsibility for their own learning and progress.
- Integrate and make effective use of ICT and VLEs to deliver balanced and blended learning.
- Mentor students to ensure successful learning outcomes and progression, via Kings, to university.
- Contribute positively to the efficient running of the centre, working collaborative with colleagues, developing resources and maintaining administrative records as required.
- Be committed to CPD, always seeking ways to improve and take full advantage of advice, support and training opportunities.
- Promote the values and ethos of Kings and the centre at all times.
The successful candidate will offer a robust combination of drive, experience and personal qualities which lead to the development of successful working relationships with students and colleagues and the delivery of outstanding learning opportunities, student progress and outcomes.
The strongest candidates will:
- Be qualified to a minimum of undergraduate degree level, with additional relevant teaching qualifications and fluency in English (minimum equivalent to IELTS 7.5 for non-native speakers).
- Have a passion for education and strong background in preparing international students for undergraduate entry to university in the UK and/or the USA. Experience of teaching students from the country of the Kings International Partnership centre would be a distinct advantage.
- Have a teaching specialism at sixth-form/senior high school/young adult level in English language and/or core academic subjects.
- Be innovative classroom practitioners, able to deliver lessons which inspire and motivate students, contextualise learning and bring their subject to life.
- Have experience in academic performance management and assessment.
- Be supportive and motivational professionals, with excellent team-working, administration, communication and student mentoring skills.
- Demonstrate good judgement, problem-solving skills, emotional and cultural empathy and intelligence, integrity, resilience, flexibility, energy, authority and a good sense of humour.
How to apply
To apply for this position or to request further information, please email a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Applications should be made: As soon as possible