- Head of Academic Programme
- Full-time, one-year contract
Deadline for applications
Interviews will commence on
- As soon as suitable candidates are selected
- To apply for this position send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To teach on the Kings Foundation programme and A-level programme to small groups of international students.
You will be responsible for delivering any or all of the following:
- GCSE as agreed
- Group or 1:1 sessions
Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure that all lessons are planned with clear aims and learning objectives.
- To ensure that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and school policies.
- To take into account the differing ability lessons of students and differentiate work accordingly.
- To take into account and be sensitive to the language and cultural challenges students may face.
- To encourage all students to become independent learners and be actively engaged in their own learning.
- To ensure that all students are known by name and that the classroom atmosphere is positive at all times.
- To check that all subject matter is effectively communicated and understood by all groups of students.
- To keep careful records of student progress in line with departmental and school policy.
- To ensure that there is a high standard of display work in the classroom, which is changed frequently.
- To keep work areas tidy and well organised.
- To attend meetings in the Academic Department.
- To make a positive contribution to the efficient running of the Department, including setting and marking examinations, report writing, attending departmental meetings, and undertaking administrative and other tasks as delegated by the Director of Academic Programmes.
- To enhance the quality of teaching and learning in the Academic Department and through sharing resources and good practice, lesson observation, and collaborative teaching.
- To safeguard and promote the welfare of students.
- To support the school’s aims and objectives for teaching and learning.
Please note: The duties defined in this Job Description are not definitive and may be subject to future amendments following appropriate consultation.
Kings Colleges is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent academic qualifications (preferably with QTS status) and subject knowledge
- Be adept at producing and sharing teaching resources
- Be capable of delivering dynamic and effective lessons to the full age and ability range of students
- Be an innovative classroom teacher capable of helping to develop a syllabus that brings Chemistry to life for our students
- Have highly effective communication skills for dealing with international students
- Have willingness to engage with CPD
Desirable attributes include:
- Experience of teaching the subject to groups of student who are not native speakers of English
- Experience of preparing students for examinations up to A Level standard
- Experience of advising students preparing to make university applications.
- Any gaps in CVs must be fully explained
- Original degree certificates must be shown.
How to apply
To apply for this position or to request further information, please contact: email@example.com
Applications should be made by: 15th September 2022
Interviews will commence on: As soon as possible
Successful appointment will be dependent upon:
- Enhanced DBS check
- Satisfactory references (including confirmation of no child safeguarding concerns)
Kings is an Equal Opportunities employer and we adhere to the principles of equal opportunity in all aspects of our recruitment process.
It is Kings Education's policy not to communicate further with applicants other than those who are shortlisted for a position.