of Physics to A-level
- Part-time (20 hours per week)
- To apply, or for further information, contact: Kingslondon.email@example.com
Summary of role
This role is part of the teaching team for supporting the Physics development of students on any course. This could be an A-level, Advanced Level Foundation or GCSE course.
You will be responsible for delivering any or all of the following:
- A-level modules as agreed
- Advanced Level Foundation modules as agreed
- GCSE as agreed
- Group or 1:1 sessions
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all lessons are planned with clear aims and learning objectives.
- Ensure that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and school policies.
- Account for the differing ability levels of students and differentiate work accordingly.
- Be sensitive to the language and cultural challenges students may face.
- Check that all subject matter is effectively communicated and understood by all groups of students.
- Encourage all students to become independent learners and be actively engaged in their own learning.
- Safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
- Ensure that all students are known by name and that the classroom atmosphere is positive at all times.
- Keep careful records of student progress in line with departmental and school policy.
- Ensure that there is a high standard of display work in the classroom.
- Attend the Academic Department meetings.
- Contribute positively to the efficient running of the Department, including setting and marking examinations, attending departmental meetings, and undertaking administrative and other tasks as delegated by the Director of Academic Programmes.
- Enhance the quality of teaching and learning in the Department through sharing resources and good practice, lesson observation and collaborative teaching.
- Participate in training for subject tutors on methodology for teaching international students
- Support the school’s aims and objectives for teaching and learning.
- Keep work areas tidy and well organised.
These duties defined in this Job Description are not definitive and may be subject to future amendments following appropriate consultation.
The right person for the position will:
- have excellent academic qualifications and subject knowledge
- be adept at producing and sharing teaching resources
- deliver dynamic and effective lessons to the full age and range of students
- be an innovative classroom teacher capable of helping to develop a syllabus that brings their subject to life for our students
- communicate well with international students
Kings Colleges is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
How to apply
To apply for this position, or to request further information, please email Kingslondon.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful appointment will be dependent upon:
- Enhanced DBS check
- Confirmation of right to work in the UK
- Satisfactory references (including confirmation of no child safeguarding concerns)
Kings is an Equal Opportunities employer and we adhere to the principles of equal opportunity in all aspects of our recruitment process.
It is Kings Education's policy not to communicate further with applicants other than those who are shortlisted for a position.