Teach Maths and Data to A‑level and Foundation students
Applications should be made by
- To apply for this position or to request further information, please contact the Principal Nigel Addison at firstname.lastname@example.org
To teach on the Kings Foundation, GCSE and A-level programmes to small groups of international students.
Duties and responsibilities
- Teach their specialist subject or subjects on the Kings Foundation programme, iGCSE and A Level to small groups of international students, including 1:1s, as necessary and other activities as required;
- Ensure that all lessons are planned with clear aims, varied tasks and materials, and learning outcomes;
- Support the school’s aims and objectives for teaching and learning;
- Ensure that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and school policies;
- Take into account the differing needs of students and adapt teaching approaches to meet the behavioural, linguistic, and cultural challenges students may face;
- Support student-centred learning and autonomy at all times;
- Check that all subject matter is effectively communicated and understood by all groups of students;
- Provide a positive role model for students, demonstrating and supporting the school’s positive behaviour management policies;
- Know and meet the criteria of inspection bodies such as Ofsted and British Council;
- Ensure that there is a high standard of display work in the classroom and school.
- Keep up-to-date and accurate records of student attendance, progress, attainment and conduct in line with departmental and school policy;
- Ensure that homework and other course work is marked and recorded accurately and punctually, to include effective learner feedback and guidance for improvement;
- Perform a Tutor role to a small group of students, providing academic, pastoral, behavioural and developmental support;
- Participate in the after-school clubs or detention duties when required;
- Enhance the quality of teaching and learning in the Academic Department and through sharing resources and good practice, lesson observation, collaborative teaching and peer training;
- Use technology effectively and efficiently in teaching, planning and administration;
- Manage email and other communications in an efficient, professional and timely way.
- Make a positive contribution to the efficient running of the Department, including attending meetings in the Academic Department as and when required;
- Set and mark examinations, report writing, markbook management and academic assessment;
- Take part in the performance management process, including appraisals or reviews, peer observations, formal observations and professional target setting;
- Undertake training and development as and when required, both on and offsite;
- Undertake administrative and other academic team tasks as delegated by the Director of Academic Programmes;
- Be prepared to take training such as Safeguarding, and promote the welfare of children and young people, in according with Kings policies.
- Keep work areas tidy and well-organised, and leave classrooms clean, neat and secure;
- Follow absence procedures and to provide cover for absent teachers or staff as required;
- To dress and act professionally, in accordance with the Kings HR Manual and the Staff Handbook;
- Be onsite for the contracted hours and to arrive at school, lessons and other appointments punctually;
- Communicate with colleagues and students in a respectful and professional manner and uphold and demonstrate the school’s ethos and values at all times.
To undertake such other duties as may reasonably be asked of you by your line manager or a senior manager
Kings Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Maths should particularly be to A-level in Mechanics and Decision Maths whilst the Data involves Statistics, Probability, Distribution, Excel.
- have an excellent up-to-date knowledge of content, syllabus and assessment in their subject;
- promote a student-centred approach to learning at all times;
- deliver dynamic, innovative and effective lessons to the age and ability range of students;
- will recognise and demonstrate the values of the school;
- be committed to the effective teaching of language learners and have highly effective communication skills for dealing with international students;
- behave in a professional way and present a professional image at all times;
- manage communications and administrative tasks effectively and efficiently;
- be an excellent contributor and team worker;
- QTS status or a relevant PGCE and a first degree in your specialist subject
- Desirably, additional language teaching qualifications such as CELTA or DELTA
Desirable attributes include:
- be IT literate and able to able to use technology efficiently and effectively in the delivery of the subject;
- be innovative, flexible and interested in professional development and departmental improvement.
How to apply
To apply for this position or to request further information, please contact: email@example.com.
Applications should be made by: as soon as possible
Interviews will commence: as soon as possible
Successful appointment will be dependent upon:
- Enhanced DBS check
- Confirmation of right to work in the UK
- Satisfactory references (including confirmation of no child safeguarding concerns)
Kings is an Equal Opportunities employer and we adhere to the principles of equal opportunity in all aspects of our recruitment process.
It is Kings Education's policy not to communicate further with applicants other than those who are shortlisted for a position.