Teach Economics to A-level, GCSE and Foundation students
- Director of Studies, Academic Programmes
Applications should be made by
Interviews expected to commence
- To apply for this position or to request further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Teacher of Economics is a key member of the teaching team at Kings Bournemouth, based in the
Academic Department and working with the Director of Studies and Course Directors. Working closely with
the Director of Studies and Course Directors, he/she facilitates effective learner-centred teaching and the
academic progress of students in the College's range of A-level, GCSE and pre-university (sixth form)
programmes, such as Advanced Level Foundation.
Responsibilities also include the management of teaching and learning records, reporting, collaboration
with subject-teaching peers, and taking a lead in Group Tutor pastoral duties. This post requires
professional and responsible conduct and the demonstration of Kings values at all times.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support student-centred learning in the teaching their specialist subject to small groups of international students, including 1:1s, as necessary and other activities as required
- Ensure that all lessons are planned with clear aims, varied tasks and materials, and learning outcomes;
- Support the school’s aims and objectives for teaching and learning;
- Ensure that all lessons are delivered and assessed in-line with schemes of work and school policies
- Provide a positive role model for students, demonstrating and supporting the school’s positive behaviour management policies
- Know and meet the criteria of inspection bodies such as Ofsted and British Council
- Keep up-to-date and accurate records of student attendance, progress, attainment and
- Ensure that homework and other course work is marked and recorded accurately and
- Perform a Tutor role to a small group of students, providing academic, pastoral, behavioural and developmental support;
- Enhance the quality of teaching and learning in the Academic Department and through sharing resources and good practice, lesson observation, collaborative teaching and peer training
- Use technology effectively and efficiently in teaching, planning and administration
- Manage email and other communications in an efficient, professional and timely way.
- Make a positive contribution to the efficient running of the Department, including
- Set and mark examinations, report writing, markbook management and academic assessment;
- Take part in the performance management process, including appraisals or reviews, peer observations, formal observations and professional target setting
- Undertake training and development as and when required, both on and offsite
- Undertake administrative and other academic team tasks as delegated by the Director of Academic Programmes
- Be prepared to take training such as Safeguarding, and promote the welfare of children and young people, in according with Kings policies
- Follow absence procedures and to provide cover for absent teachers or staff as required
- Be onsite for the contracted hours and to arrive at school, lessons and other appointments punctually
- Communicate with colleagues and students in a respectful and professional manner and uphold and
demonstrate the school’s ethos and values at all times.
- Contribute to the high quality of teaching within the Business and Economics department
Kings Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- have an excellent up-to-date knowledge of content, syllabus and assessment in their subject;
- promote a student-centred approach to learning at all times;
- deliver dynamic, innovative and effective lessons to the age and ability range of students;
- will recognise and demonstrate the values of the school;
- be committed to the effective teaching of language learners and have highly effective communication skills for dealing with international students;
- behave in a professional way and present a professional image at all times;
- manage communications and administrative tasks effectively and efficiently;
- be an excellent contributor and team worker;
- QTS status or a relevant PGCE and a first degree in your specialist subject
- Desirably, additional language teaching qualifications such as CELTA or DELTA
Desirable attributes include:
- be IT literate and able to able to use technology efficiently and effectively in the delivery of the subject;
- be innovative, flexible and interested in professional development and departmental improvement.
How to apply
To apply for this position or to request further information, please contact: email@example.com.
Applications should be made by: 17th June 2022
Interviews will commence: 24th June 2021
Successful appointment will be dependent upon:
- Enhanced DBS check
- Confirmation of right to work in the UK
- Satisfactory references (including confirmation of no child safeguarding concerns)
Kings is an Equal Opportunities employer and we adhere to the principles of equal opportunity in all aspects of our recruitment process.
It is Kings Education's policy not to communicate further with applicants other than those who are shortlisted for a position.