Coordinating our London school admissions
- To apply for this position contact: Kingslondon.firstname.lastname@example.org
The Student Admissions Coordinator is a key member of the school management team, providing a vital function as the initial point of contact and the primary communication channel between our customers and the London school, from enquiry to the end of a student’s course with us.
The Student Admissions Coordinator is directly accountable to the Principal, working to support the company’s strategic student recruitment aims, ensuring all aspects of the recruitment and admissions process are carried out effectively. This role will be the UKVI contact for Kings London and will be responsible for ensuring all Visa related areas of the application are completed correctly and in line with UKVI regulations.
Coordinating with school staff, the Student Admissions Coordinator will also maintain relevant records and statistics which maintain compliance with Ofsted, the Department for Education and UKVI and as required in relation to visas, invoicing, payment plans and associated financial issues
Duties and Responsibilities
The Student Admissions Coordinator responsibilities would include:
- Implementation of Kings admissions processes in accordance with company policies, while ensuring a fast and accurate turnaround time for EFL and Academic applications.
- Assessment of academic applications, devising study plans and issuing offers for international and local students, against agreed entry criteria. Borderline cases are to be forwarded for assessment to the relevant Academic team. All offers are to be actively followed up.
- Providing an authoritative source of advice and information regarding the school’s programs, services and admissions processes to a range of customers, including partners overseas, applicants, recruitment and academic staff.
- Dealing with ‘walk ins’ and ‘direct’ bookings, guiding enquiries to application and arrival.
- Academic intake management, working closely with the Academic team to be sure that all students progressing to the next academic year are informed of the details of their study plan and have the right visa, invoice, payment plan.
- Agent liaison and communication regarding existing students, dealing with post arrival changes for both academic and EFL students.
- Management of the UKVI sponsor licence, working with the Director of Admissions to ensure there is a sufficient CAS allocation and the school remains within the limits for no shows, non-completion and visa refusals. Provision of statistics and reports as required.
- Checking the school’s compliance with UKVI sponsor duties and reporting to the Principal.
- To provide holiday or illness cover for Student Admissions Staff at the other UK schools as required.
- To protect at all times the confidentiality of information handled within the remit of the post.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to convey their genuine enjoyment of meeting and working with people from other countries and an ability to foster and maintain working relationships with people of various cultures
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with an ability to multi-task and handle a wide variety of duties and a common sense approach to problem solving.
- The ability to work at speed and still maintain accuracy, attention to detail and the level of personal care our customers expect from Kings.
- The ability to work independently, prioritising and managing various tasks in order to meet target 24 hour turnaround times for applications.
- A good level of numeracy to calculate invoices and payment plans including special offers and promotions quickly and accurately.
Qualifications and experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role in the International Education sector
- Previous experience of dealing with UKVI and knowledge of Visa regulations
- Previous sales or customer service experience within a college/school environment
- Proficient with Excel
- Excellent numeracy
- Native English speaker level of literacy
- Other languages would be an advantage
The Admissions Coordinator will be expected to work within an inter-disciplinary context dealing with a wide range of colleagues, students and overseas partners. During peak season, additional hours outside of contract may be required.
How to apply
To apply for this position or for further information, please contact: Kingslondon.email@example.com
Successful appointment will be dependent upon:
- Enhanced DBS check
- Confirmation of right to work in the UK
- Satisfactory references (including confirmation of no child safeguarding concerns)
Kings is an Equal Opportunities employer and we adhere to the principles of equal opportunity in all aspects of our recruitment process.
It is Kings Education's policy not to communicate further with applicants other than those who are shortlisted for a position.