Dealing with the day to day duties of accommodation and frontline service
Deadline for applications
- To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Senior Administrator (SA) plays an instrumental role in dealing with the day to day duties of accommodation and frontline service. Being based either at the Wavy Gate Residence or reception at our St Joes Campus completing duties to ensure the student service provision is maintained.
As a registered boarding school with the Department for Education, the SA will work in line with National Minimum Standards for Boarding Schools, Ofsted’s Common Assessment Framework and Standards for Inspection of Boarding and Residential Schools. Our residential sites and school campuses are located around the Oxford City area and Kings accommodate both English language and Academic students, on both short- and long-term stays.
The SA is key in creating a safe, welcoming and secure environment in which our students can flourish, improve their English, make progress in their studies and develop their independence and understanding of living in an international community. A vital part of the SA is promoting and safeguarding the welfare and wellbeing of all Kings’ students living in any Kings Oxford accommodation.
The SA reports to the Accommodation Manager (AM). The SA will also work closely with all other core services including Welfare, Academic, EFL and Senior staff members.
Duties and Responsibilities
Deal with the day to day duties of Kings Oxford residential sites and frontline service at our St Joes school campus, duties to include:
- Deal with the day to day queries from students and interact and communicate with other members of the Kings Oxford non-teaching team to action these queries. This will include sorting the food provision, dealing with quarantine and student self- isolation to booking in residence repairs, sorting cleaning arrangements out and support to maintain a clean-living environment.
- The completion of student accommodation bookings host family and residential, ensuring the highest level of service is provided to our agents and students including response times. Liaising with agents, students, host families and core staff regarding booking/allocation confirmations, changes etc.
- Be responsible for covering attendance checks and reporting all absences, following the Kings Attendance Policy, monitoring and caring for students who are unwell
- Lead on the completion of the host family run, storing of all supporting documentation and communicating with the Finance Accounting manager of the processing of the weekly payment.
- Share the responsibility of host stay visits, completing findings and ensuring all necessary paperwork is uploaded.
- Maintain good relationship with host families and deal with hosts who are offering a substandard service.
- Ensure we have sufficient and good set of host families to cater for student needs, advertising and recruiting for new host families as needed.
- Complete time specific reports regarding homestay and residence.
- Oversee and handling complex student accommodation issues and complaints in the absence of the Accommodation Manager effectively, keeping key staff and agents informed of decisions and outcomes.
- When residence based complete regular checks to ensure the building is in a good state of repair, action any findings within a reasonable period along with security patrols.
- In the absence of the Accommodation Manager working with the Bursar/College Services Manager in covering responsibilities which might occur including dealing with staff cover and issues.
Frontline Service St Joseph’s Campus:
- Work collaboratively with other frontline staff to cover frontline service responsibilities at St Joseph’s Campus.
- Frontline service provides the first point of contact for incoming enquires via telephone and direct student contact enquires. Interact with students on a daily basis; ensuring their needs are met and dealing with all enquires directly or through the use of the triage system. This will include such things as assisting with police registrations, opening bank accounts and Biometric permits, credit control, taking payments, booking changes, location enquires and issuing of post and parcels etc.
- For Visitors and Contractors visits following policy for signing them in and out and the monitoring of them. Ensuring all visitors have the warmest welcome to Kings at all times.
- Ensure the day to day running of reception is efficient and timely to include: photocopier maintenance, distribution of mail, franking and collection of post, keeping stationery orders within budget, photocopiers are filled with paper and shredding machine is checked and emptied, take payments, assisting access to the library.
- Cover the responsibilities of a keyholder with the opening and closing of the school sites
- Provide the highest level of pastoral care to all resident students working with the Accommodation Manager, other residential staff and Welfare Officers on student welfare.
- Ensure supervision for under 18-year-old students is in accordance with Kings Policies and meet Child Protection and safeguarding statutory requirements
- Monitor and maintain good order and discipline with particular regard to bullying, anti-social behaviour and discipline policies. Enforce discipline through the residence sanctions ladder and rewarding through the merit scheme
- Meet all aspects of statutory and regulatory compliance for the accommodation department.
- Maintain and store correctly all residential and homestay documentation and ensure all competent internal and external checks are completed fulfilling all aspects of compliance and health and safety, communicating to the appropriate staff when required.
- Work with the accommodation team in maintaining homestay compliance and the homestay SCR, including the completion of regular homestay visits
- Arrange student arrivals, departures and delivering comprehensive inductions
- Support and have a system in place for providing key required information into the termly review
- Contribute to Kings Performance Management (PM) scheme and School development Plan.
- To be a Fire Marshall and First Aider
N.B You may be required to cover duties not listed within this job description
Emergency on Call: Kings Oxford offers a 24-hour emergency facility to our students and cover is required during all periods of closure including bank holidays, Easter and the Christmas period. You will be required to be on the emergency on call weekday and weekend rota. The number of emergency on call periods you must contribute to will depend on the number of staff on this rota. Responsibilities are defined within the emergency on call job description as well as rates of pay, full training will be provided.
Kings Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Demonstrably good administrative skills
- Evidence of good communication skills both verbal and in writing
- Highly organised and able to prioritise workload
- Experience of operating information systems and producing information reports
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Supervisory experience
- Good understanding of customer service
- Ability to problem solve
- Flexible, trustworthy, reliable, honest
- Ability to deal sensitively and sympathetically with colleagues and students in an international environment
- Responds quickly and calmly in order to deal with difficult situations
- Excellent communicator, with a calm and friendly manner
- Previous experience within education
- Previous experience with an accommodation setting
- A good understanding of safeguarding and pastoral care
- Leadership and Management course at level 2 or relevant management experience
How to apply
To apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com
Applications should be made by: As soon as possible
Interviews will commence: Upon receipt and consideration of application, therefore it is in your interest to apply as soon as possible.
Successful appointment will be dependent upon:
- Enhanced DBS check
- Confirmation of right to work in the UK
- Satisfactory references (including confirmation of no child safeguarding concerns)
Kings is an Equal Opportunities employer and we adhere to the principles of equal opportunity in all aspects of our recruitment process.
It is Kings Education's policy not to communicate further with applicants other than those who are shortlisted for a position.