Teach Science to GCSE,
A-level and Foundation students
- 1 year contract with possible renewal
- To apply for this position or to request further information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Science Teacher delivers GCSE, A Level and Advanced Level Foundation lessons to international students during the academic year.
At Kings, the focus is very much on small classes and on providing high levels of individual help and support. On average, an A-level class will consist of 4–8 students and a Foundation class will have 8–12 students. At such an intense and significant period in a student’s life, you will play a crucial role in their development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all lessons are planned with clear aims and learning objectives.
- Ensure that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and school policies.
- Account for the differing ability levels of students and differentiate work accordingly.
- Be sensitive to the language and cultural challenges students may face.
- Check that all subject matter is effectively communicated and understood by all groups of students.
- Encourage all students to become independent learners and be actively engaged in their own learning.
- Safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
- Ensure that all students are known by name and that the classroom atmosphere is positive at all times.
- Keep careful records of student progress in line with departmental and school policy.
- Ensure that there is a high standard of display work in the classroom.
- Attend the Academic Department meetings.
- Contribute positively to the efficient running of the Department, including setting and marking examinations, attending departmental meetings, and undertaking administrative and other tasks as delegated by the Director of Studies.
- Enhance the quality of teaching and learning in the Department through sharing resources and good practice, lesson observation and collaborative teaching.
- Participate in training for subject tutors on methodology for teaching international students.
- Support the school’s aims and objectives for teaching and learning.
- Keep work areas tidy and well organised.
Kings is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Kings is an Equal Opportunities employer and we adhere to the principles of equal opportunity in all aspects of our recruitment process.
The right person for the position will:
- Have excellent academic qualifications and subject knowledge.
- Be adept at producing and sharing teaching resources.
- Deliver dynamic and effective lessons to the full age and range of students.
- Be an innovative classroom teacher capable of helping to develop a syllabus that brings their subject to life for our students.
- Communicate well with international students.
Kings is an Equal Opportunities employer and we adhere to the principles of equal opportunity in all aspects of our recruitment process.
How to apply
To apply for this position or to request further information, please contact: email@example.com.
Successful appointment will be dependent upon:
- Enhanced DBS check (including photo ID check)
- Confirmation of right to work in the UK
- Satisfactory references (two references required — comments on suitability to work with under 18s will be sought)
It is Kings Education's policy not to communicate further with applicants other than those who are shortlisted for a position.