Supporting the boarding provision at Kings Brighton
- Main Residential Supervisor
- To apply for this position contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assist with the overseeing of the boarding provision at Kings Brighton ensuring the highest standard of supervision, support, efficiency and customer care of all students.
The college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and as such all staff will be expected to undergo appropriate safeguard training and operate within these guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure preparation for and the management of new arrivals are of the required standard
- Access control/Id cards
- Induction of new students
- Cleaning lists
- Catering lists
- Occupancy lists
- Work with Student Services Manager and Activity staff to ensure that Under 18’s have broad and varied range of extra curricular, social and sports events to attend outside of lesson time and during weekends
- Establish whereabouts of all under 18’s and ensure all are present at curfew
- Report concerns to the college Welfare team
- Ensure the residential rules are obeyed and infringements are recorded
- Ensure inspection readiness for Ofsted and British Council and ensure that residential staff are briefed on legislation and most up to date working and good practices within the residence according to company policy
- In liaison with the College Services Manager ensure the residence complies with H&S regulatory standards and students are appropriately informed of evacuation procedures
- Assist with the review risk assessments
- Ensure information given and displayed in residence is of branding standards and up to date
- Accountability for managing all issues related to residence and associated escalations and record keeping using appropriate databases
- Acting as conduit and ensuring effective communication between College Services Manager, Welfare Officer and Academic staff, thereby ensuring all are effectively briefed and informed regarding individual student matters and whole school/boarding matters of relevance.
- Act as conduit between various ancillary departments e.g. security, H&S, catering, cleaning to ensure efficient operating
- Manage student exeat process
- Be aware of, understand and follow relevant school policies related to the safety and welfare of our students
- Act as Fire Marshall in the case of an emergency evacuation and assist with fire drills as required
- Other duties or special projects as required
Kings is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Working in a boarding or residential environment
- Experience of working in a boarding schools environment
- Good knowledge of Child Protection, Safeguarding, Ofsted National Minimum Standards
- Excellent people skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective judgement and decision-making skills
- Good IT skills
- Good English language written and verbal skills
- Safeguarding training to level 2 minimum (training will be given)
- First Aid at work (training will be given)
- Previous experience in the EFL industry, international education or travel and tourism is desirable.
How to apply
To apply for this position or for further information, please contact: email@example.com
Applications should be made by: 31/01/2020
Interviews will commence on: 01/02/2020
Anticipated start date: 21/03/20
Successful appointment will be dependent upon:
- Enhanced DBS check
- Confirmation of right to work in the UK
- Satisfactory references (including confirmation of no child safeguarding concerns)
Kings is an Equal Opportunities employer and we adhere to the principles of equal opportunity in all aspects of our recruitment process.
It is Kings Education's policy not to communicate further with applicants other than those who are shortlisted for a position.