Teach Maths to A-level and Foundation students
- Head of Department (Mathematics)
- Full-time and Part-time, fixed term up to 21st June 2021
- Competitive, dependent on experience
Applications should be made by
- To apply for this position or to request further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To teach on the Kings Foundation and A-level programmes to small groups of international students.
Duties and responsibilities
The successful applicant for this post will be expected to:
- To ensure that all lessons are planned with clear aims and learning objectives
- To ensure that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and school policies
- To take into account the differing ability lessons of students and differentiate work accordingly
- To take into account and be sensitive to the language and cultural challenges students may face
- To encourage all students to become independent learners and be actively engaged in their own learning
- To ensure that all students are known by name and that the classroom atmosphere is positive at all times
- To check that all subject matter is effectively communicated and understood by all groups of students
- To keep careful records of student progress in line with departmental and school policy
- To ensure that there is a high standard of display work in the classroom, which is changed frequently
- To keep work areas tidy and well organised
- To attend meetings in the Academic Department
- To make a positive contribution to the efficient running of the Department, including setting and marking examinations, attending departmental meetings, and undertaking administrative and other tasks as delegated by the Director of Academic Programmes
- To enhance the quality of teaching and learning in the Academic Department and through sharing resources and good practice, lesson observation, and collaborative teaching
- To safeguard and promote the welfare of students
- To support the school's aims and objectives for teaching and learning
Kings Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- be capable of delivering dynamic and effective lessons to the full age and ability range of students;
- be an innovative classroom teacher capable of developing mathematical ideas and concepts through discussions, experimentation and investigations
- have highly effective communication skills for dealing with international students;
- be adept at producing and sharing teaching resources;
- to have a willingness to engage with CPD
- have excellent academic qualifications (preferably with QTS status) and proven good subject knowledge;
Desirable attributes include:
- Experience of teaching the subject to groups of students who are not native speakers of English.
- Experience of preparing students for examinations up to A Level standard
- Experience of advising students preparing to make university applications.
How to apply
To apply for this position or to request further information, please contact: email@example.com.
Applications should be made: As soon as possible
Interviews will commence: As soon as application has been received and considered.
Successful appointment will be dependent upon:
- Enhanced DBS check
- Confirmation of right to work in the UK
- Satisfactory references (including confirmation of no child safeguarding concerns)
Kings is an Equal Opportunities employer and we adhere to the principles of equal opportunity in all aspects of our recruitment process.
It is Kings Education's policy not to communicate further with applicants other than those who are shortlisted for a position.