Assist lab teaching for GCSE, A-level and Foundation students
Deadline for applications
- To apply for this position or to request further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This role is part of the support team to all Science teaching staff teaching Biology, Chemistry & Physics students on their academic course.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To keep the school’s science laboratories and prep room(s) tidy, clean, safe and secure
- To ensure all Health & Safety requirements are upheld in all science rooms
- To order science materials when requested by the science teaching staff
- To maintain a data base of materials, both consumables and non-consumables
- To get ready any materials, apparatus, chemicals, etc for lessons as requested by the science teaching staff
- To clear up materials, etc after practical lessons
- To attend regular meetings for planning, co-ordination and development purposes, as directed
- To complete administrative tasks necessary for the smooth running of the college
- To engage in professional development as appropriate to the needs of the college and your own interests and level of qualification
- To maintain a professional demeanour at all times within the college, helping to create a positive working environment for both students and staff
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of self and others who may be affected by acts or omissions related to your work
- To implement the Kings Behaviour and Discipline policy
- To adhere to all statutory regulations and to Kings policies and procedures
- To undertake any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as required
These duties defined in this Job Description are not definitive and may be subject to future amendments following appropriate consultation.
Kings is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Qualifications and experience:
- Appropriate science qualification and experience
- Good competence in English
- IT literacy as the role involves use of Microsoft Office programs, Interactive Whiteboard software, and other computer systems the college may acquire
Personal Qualities and Skills:
- Good time management, organizational and administration skills
- Flexibility to respond and adapt to the demands of the job
- Understanding of customer service and sensitivity to different cultures
- Ability to deal sensitively and courteously with students
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability and/or willingness to teach or cover a range of levels
- Ability to take initiative and to recognise when and how to do so
- Energy and enthusiasm and a sense of humour
- Any gaps in CVs must be fully explained.
- Original degree certificates must be shown.
- Kings Colleges is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- Kings Colleges is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
- Should your application be successful, a disclosure will be requested from the DBS
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send your CV to Principal Nigel Addison at email@example.com
Applications should be made: As soon as possible
Interviews will commence: As soon as application has been received and considered, therefore it is in your interest to apply as soon as possible
Successful appointment will be dependent upon:
- Enhanced DBS check
- Confirmation of right to work in the UK
- Satisfactory references (including confirmation of no child safeguarding concerns)
Kings is an Equal Opportunities employer and we adhere to the principles of equal opportunity in all aspects of our recruitment process.
It is Kings Education's policy not to communicate further with applicants other than those who are shortlisted for a position.