Development and maintenance of IT infrastructure
- Group Head of Technology Services
This is a new role focused on the development and maintenance of IT infrastructure across Kings.
Duties and responsibilities
- Configuring the hardware that provides core services, including physical and virtual servers, storage and network equipment
- Developing and executing maintenance plans to provide system stability and security
- Providing comprehensive monitoring of the infrastructure, and maintenance of appropriate alerting
- Providing and testing reliable backup services for systems and data
- Creating and developing processes for repeatable infrastructure work, such as server imaging, to provide reliable, accurate outcomes and reduce repetitive, manual work
- Ensuring compliance with agreed processes
- Designing and implementing new technologies in line with the overall IT and business strategy
- Implementing structured change management
- Providing technical leadership in the support and maintenance of existing infrastructure and in the selection of new equipment and technologies
- Creating and maintaining clear and consistent documentation for the infrastructure
- Ensuring that an accurate asset database is maintained
- Implementing reliable patching of system software and firmware across all devices
- Using an appropriate level of project management to deliver infrastructure projects with predictable reliability
- Taking responsibility for the infrastructure-related elements of backup, disaster recovery and business continuity services in line with agreed standards
- Where needed, creating and maintaining test environments
- Implementing and maintaining the agreed level of security
- Matrix management of technical staff when required
- Managing third-party relationships with vendors and providers
- Developing and delivering a roadmap for infrastructure services
- Ensuring strict adherence to data security regulations, and all other regulatory obligations
- Developing a proactive approach to managing IT at Kings
Qualifications and experience
- University degree in a related subject or relevant professional experience
- Experience managing a diverse range of technologies
- Experience in an education environment preferred
Personal Qualities and Skills
- A commitment to following best practices in infrastructure management
- The ability to communicate technical concepts and practices without recourse to technical language and acronyms
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment
- A logical, tenacious approach to problem-solving
- Knowing when to focus on detail and when to zoom out for a wider perspective
- Experience of developing productive working relationships
- Initiative and independence, balanced by an understanding of when to ask for assistance
How to apply
For further information and to apply, please write in confidence to Martin Moran:
Interviews will commence from 16th December 2019.
Kings is an Equal Opportunities employer and we adhere to the principles of equal opportunity in all aspects of our recruitment process.
It is Kings Education's policy not to communicate further with applicants other than those who are shortlisted for a position.
Thank you for your enquiry.
We'll be in touch soon.
The Kings Admissions Team