Teach Geography to GCSE, A-level and Foundation students
Deadline for applications
- To apply for this position or to request further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This role is part of the teaching team for supporting the Geography development of students on any course. This could be an A-Level, Foundation or GCSE course.
You will be responsible for delivering any or all of the following:
- A Level modules as agreed
- Advanced Level Foundation modules as agreed
- GCSE as agreed
- Group or 1:1 sessions
Duties and Responsibilities
- To teach Geography courses to groups of students at levels ranging from A Level to GCSE as agreed and as directed using up-to-date teaching methodologies and approaches
- To demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge
- To set, mark and assess students’ course work, homework and other assignments as appropriate
- To write student progress and end-of-course reports as required
- To encourage students to take a responsible and conscientious attitude to their own work and study by incorporating study skills into their teaching
- To establish a positive, safe and stimulating learning environment for international students, rooted in mutual respect
- To attend regular meetings for planning, co-ordination and development purposes, as directed
- To complete administrative tasks necessary for the smooth running of the college
- To engage in professional development as appropriate to the needs of the college and your own interests and level of qualification
- To maintain a professional demeanor at all times within the college, helping to create a positive working environment for both students and staff
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of self and others who may be affected by acts or omissions related to your work
- To implement the Kings Behaviour and Discipline policy
- To adhere to all statutory regulations and to Kings policies and procedures· To undertake any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as required
Kings is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Qualifications and experience:
- University degree
- Native speaker competence in English
- Education qualification
- IT literacy as the role involves use of Microsoft Office programs, Interactive Whiteboard software, and other computer systems the college may acquire
Personal Qualities and Skills:
- Good time management, organizational and administration skills
- Flexibility to respond and adapt to the demands of the job
- Understanding of customer service and sensitivity to different cultures
- Ability to deal sensitively and courteously with students
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability and/or willingness to teach or cover a range of levels
- Ability to take initiative and to recognise when and how to do so
- Energy and enthusiasm and a sense of humour
- Any gaps in CVs must be fully explained.
- Original degree certificates must be shown.
- Kings Colleges is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- Kings Colleges is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
- Should your application be successful, a disclosure will be requested from the DBS
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send your CV to Principal Nigel Addison at email@example.com
Applications should be made: As soon as possible
Interviews will commence: As soon as application has been received and considered, therefore it is in your interest to apply as soon as possible
Successful appointment will be dependent upon:
- Enhanced DBS check
- Confirmation of right to work in the UK
- Satisfactory references (including confirmation of no child safeguarding concerns)
Kings is an Equal Opportunities employer and we adhere to the principles of equal opportunity in all aspects of our recruitment process.
It is Kings Education's policy not to communicate further with applicants other than those who are shortlisted for a position.