A new hands-on role in the finance department
- To apply for this position we require a full CV with covering letter stating how your experience and qualifications match our expectations. Please send applications to Claire Dillon at email@example.com.
We’re looking for an experienced ‘hands-on’ Financial Controller to take the reins of a diverse and challenging new role. This is an exciting opportunity for a hard-working individual that is detail oriented and analytical, to be the financial heartbeat of our UK operations.
This role has come about due to the continued global expansion of Kings Education, a high-quality international education group specialising in university pathways & English language teaching in the US and UK.
The Financial Controller will have responsibility for the UK finance operations, overseeing the finance teams and accounting controls & processes, in each of the four UK Colleges (Bournemouth, Brighton, London, & Oxford). This will involve maintaining and providing accurate and timely financial management, the month-end close, all general ledger entries, balance sheet reconciliation & reporting, systems & processes monitoring, and maintaining and enhancing customer service to all internal departments (Admissions, Sales & Marketing, IT, US Finance), and external customers (Agents, Parents, Students, Suppliers).
The successful candidate will work alongside the Group Finance Director in the Central Marketing office based on the Brighton/Hove border, just off the seafront with easy access to train and bus routes. We’d envisage that there would be travel to the UK colleges a few times a year.
- Consolidation of monthly P&L of all UK entities and variance analysis
- Create, sustain and monitor appropriate and effective forecasting models for UK cash-flow
- Lead the UK budget and forecast processes
- Perform appropriate back up duties for Finance Managers and support as necessary.
- Review and enhance all financial processes, controls, and systems across the UK group to improve consistency and compliance
- A pro-active member of the UK Senior Management Team working with the UK Operations Director and Principals on enhancing the “Student Journey” and with the UK Admissions Director on the “Agent Journey”, taking the lead on financial aspects
- UK entities annual audit lead, and statutory accounts completion
- Support Group Finance Director and UK Directors to perform financial planning and analysis.
- Build strong and trusting relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Align all finance activities with Kings Education strategic objectives
- ACA or ACCA qualified, ideally qualified in practice
- 5-10 years accountancy experience in a deadline driven finance role preferably in a services industry
- 5+ years of supervisory experience, and a desire to build and lead teams
- Meticulous and detail-oriented. Feels a sense of oneness with the universe when they see a well organised P&L statement.
- Extremely strong critical thinking skills. Able to apply a thorough knowledge of accounting principals to new systems and situations.
- Self motivated and ambitious, with a track record of accomplishment in every role they have taken on.
- Can only exist in a job where they wear multiple hats and use all sides of their brain
- Critical thinker with the ability to multi-task and prioritise while staying organised
- Exceptional attention to detail and internal financial controls but also understands the “big picture”
- Respect for confidentiality, high personal standards, and common sense
- Professionalism in all communications with stakeholders
- Ability to travel domestically 10 - 15% of time
- Intermediate MS Excel and Outlook skills and familiarity with general ledger software packages
- Articulate verbal and written communication skills
How to apply
To apply for this position we require a full CV with covering letter stating how your experience and qualifications match our expectations. Please send applications to Claire Dillon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 3 August 2021
Interviews will be held for successful candidates, as soon as suitable applications have been received and considered.
Successful appointment will be dependent upon:
- Enhanced DBS check (including photo ID check)
- Confirmation of right to work in the UK
- Two satisfactory references (including confirmation of no child safeguarding concerns)
Kings is an Equal Opportunities employer and we adhere to the principles of equal opportunity in all aspects of our recruitment process.
It is Kings Education's policy not to communicate further with applicants other than those who are shortlisted for a position.