The candidate would be joining at an exciting time in the Kings Education journey, with strong recent growth in the company leading to the expansion of the finance function, and implementation of a new accounting system Xero.
The role would be varied and would involve responsibility for all Finance systems and software, and identifying opportunities for greater efficiency, consistency, and improvements within UK and US Finance. It would involve taking end to end responsibility for processes, with the opportunity to get involved across the business, identifying inefficiencies, standardise and streamline processes and ensuring that processes are appropriately controlled and documented.
The position would be ideal for someone who wants to really build their understanding of the systems and operations of a finance function, joining a great team who will help your development and support you in adding significant value from day one.
The successful candidate will work within the Finance team in the Central Marketing office based on the Brighton/Hove border, just off the seafront with easy access to train and bus routes.
- Brighton, UK (Central Marketing Unit)
- Administration, user-maintenance, report writing and report running for all finance software including (but not limited to):
- Finance section of CLASS (agent / student administration and reservations system)
- CLASS reports volumes, snapshots etc
- Bank (Barclays, Barclaycard, Barclays Merchant Services and others)
- CLASS settings and updates for price items including:
- Price item mapping to Xero general ledger
- Discount & Commission price item groups when there are new products and / or changes to price items
- Finance projects which in the first 12 months will be:
- Barclaycard merchant services roll out / migration
- CLASS inter-company, identify and implement a new process, sort out the legacy transactions
- Identify and implement expenses software for UK credit card holders
- CRM - moving some processes from CLASS to CRM
- Identifying the software subscriptions within the colleges and what could be contracted and managed centrally
- Support with PCI Compliance
- Support for central finance functions including:
- Year 2 invoicing of Kings College Students – once a year task in May
- Agent credit control and commission payments
- CLASS Invoice run (owner of task)
- Month end reports
- Host family runs
- Budget and forecasting (report running and excel creation)
- Consolidating IT costs for review by Director of Technology Services for budget
- Holiday cover for various finance functions
- Finance process notes written and maintained
- Undertake any ad hoc administration duties to ensure the smooth running of the department as and when required
- Align all finance activities with Kings Education strategic objectives
- Any of other duties as required
Kings Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Proven experience in a similar role within a finance function (At least three years would be desirable).
- Good knowledge of a financial software, preferably Xero (knowledge of CLASS would also be advantageous but not essential)
- Extremely strong critical thinking skills. Able to research and apply accounting principles to new systems and situations.
- Self-motivated and ambitious, with a track record of accomplishment in every role they have taken on.
- Critical thinker with the ability to multi-task and prioritise while staying organised.
- Exceptional attention to detail and internal financial controls but also understands the “big picture”.
- Respect for confidentiality, high personal standards, and common sense
- Professionalism in all communications with stakeholders
- Advanced Excel i.e., Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP’s, SUMIFS, SUMPRODUCT etc
- Intermediate Word and Outlook skills, and familiarity with general ledger software packages
- Articulate verbal and written communication skills
How to apply
We require a full CV with covering letter stating how your experience and qualifications match our expectations, your current salary and your salary expectations for this role. Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing dates for applications: 7 July 2023
Interviews will be held for successful candidates. It is Kings Education's policy not to communicate further with applicants other than those who are shortlisted for a position.
Successful appointment will be dependent upon:
- Enhanced DBS check
- Confirmation of right to work in the UK
- Satisfactory references (including confirmation of no child safeguarding concerns)
Kings is an Equal Opportunities employer and we adhere to the principles of equal opportunity in all aspects of our recruitment process.