Overall responsibility production of the Kings Oxford management accounts and purchase ledger
- Bursar/College Services Manager
The Finance Manager (FM) holds an instrumental position at Kings Oxford, having overall responsibility production of the Kings Oxford management accounts and purchase ledger. Working closely with the other Finance Accounting Manager (FAM), ensuring all elements of finance is fully covered and all financial information submitted to the Finance Director is accurate and a true reflection of the current business position.
The FM will be responsible for the collation and production of the management accounts on a monthly basis. Ensuring all pre-posting reports are checked thoroughly and are accurate as well as reconciling the general ledger, balance sheet and fixed asset register and monitoring budget to actual variance analysis.
The FM will be responsible for the purchase ledger, the inputting and processing of all invoices, checking for accuracy and dealing with any discrepancies. Ensuring all invoices are posted into the correct general ledger coding, accruing pending costs, prepaying costs over the period outlined and completing all supplier runs in a timely manner.
Working within the Finance Department at Kings Oxford is a demanding role and requires a great deal of accuracy and attention to detail. Positive enthusiasm and energy are essential, along with a good work ethic and reliability. You will be personable and approachable and have the ability to use your initiative, work to strict deadlines and fulfil all obligations set out within the duties and responsibilities.
Duties and responsibilities
Be responsible for the preparation and submission of the monthly management accounts and includes:
- Review the pre-posting reports, checking for errors, making the necessary changes and posting over.
- Completion of all necessary accruals and prepayments, having a detailed understanding of pending, future costs and activity within the purchase ledger.
- Completion of regular adjustments and reallocations.
- Generate and input the monthly reports, reconcile and deal with any discrepancies.
- Be responsible for reconciling the balance sheet and fixed asset register on a monthly basis.
- Review and analyse the monthly financial information, checking and correcting any errors before finalising and completing the monthly account submission.
- Provide details of certain key general ledger entries to members of staff who are required to maintain a budget on a monthly basis. Deal with any discrepancies.
General financial duties:
- Completion of the daily banking, ensuring all postings are completed.
- Sharing the responsibility in the production of the cash flow to the Finance Director, on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Sharing the responsibility of making payments, including refunds to students, agent commissions, staff payments. Leading on your area when processing a payment due, segregation of duties requires two authorised persons to process any payment.
- Assisting in taking student payments directly at the school during peak periods and when the FAM is completing monthly payroll.
- Working with the FAM, Principal, Bursar and members of the central team in producing the annual Budget for Kings Oxford.
Having overall responsibility and maintaining all aspects of the purchase ledger of which duties include:
- Purchase ledger inputting, after following the appropriate checks to ensure the invoice is correct, approved and for business purposes.
- Paying suppliers, considering cash management impacts and filing
- Sorting and arranging all renewal and new college subscriptions, standing orders and direct debits
- Being responsible for resource ordering, gaining the necessary approval, working within the budget limitations set out and ordering in a timely manner
- Being responsible for dealing with petty cash claims following the standard practice set out.
Any financial discrepancies, immediately inform the Bursar/College Services Manager.
You may be required to cover duties not listed within this job description and to cover core financial duties in the absence of the other FAM.
Emergency on Call:
Kings Oxford offers a 24-hour emergency facility to our students and cover is required during all periods of closure including bank holidays, Easter and the Christmas period. You will be required to be on the emergency outside standard working hours. The number of emergency on call periods you must contribute to will depend on the number of staff on this rota. Responsibilities are defined within the emergency on call job description as well as rates of pay, full training will be provided.
Kings Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Financial qualification or minimum of 3 years’ financial experience.
- Experience must include financial preparation and account submission.
- Being able to collate, interpret and prepare financial information.
- Strong analytical skills, to be able to review and analyse financial information and complete the necessary adjustments.
- Identify discrepancies and look at solutions making any necessary adjustments.
- Experience in managing cash flow and expenditure.
- Good communicator
- Being able to multi task and work to deadlines effectively
- Friendly, polite and experience dealing with customers/students and providing an excellent service at all times
- Independent worker and experience in managing a small team of people. Being able to work within a team environment
- AAT part or fully qualified or the equivalent accounting qualification.
How to apply
To apply for this position or to request further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will commence: Upon receipt and consideration of suitable candidate
Successful appointment will be dependent upon:
- Enhanced DBS check
- Confirmation of right to work in the UK
- Satisfactory references (including confirmation of no child safeguarding concerns)
Kings is an Equal Opportunities employer and we adhere to the principles of equal opportunity in all aspects of our recruitment process.