Part-qualified or qualified by experience finance professional
- To apply, or for further information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a part-qualified or qualified by experience finance professional who would like a diverse and challenging role to make their own. The Finance Manager line manages one Finance Assistant.
The Finance Manager is a key member of the College management team reporting to the Principal, and responsible for the management accounting, asset safeguarding, and budgetary / financial control of the Kings Bournemouth School.
The position reports to the Group Finance Director on all aspects of budgeting and financial management, providing expertise and advice to help with financial decision-making, and works closely with the Director of Administration who has a role spanning both financial and student accounting, and administration.
Each school is responsible for its own credit control, which will involve a strong relationship with the Central Admissions Teams based in Brighton and Bournemouth, plus the finance staff in the other UK colleges.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful applicant for this post will be expected to:
- Balance sheet control and reconciliations
- Month end close, P&L production and variance analysis
- Budget and forecast preparation and monitoring
- Support Principal and budget holders in cost control and expenses planning
- Capex and fixed asset register
- Ongoing review of internal controls
- Work with our student software system Class, and accounting package Exchequer (training will be provided)
- Liaise with the bank, HMRC and auditors as required
- Line management of team of one staff
- Credit control of direct student debt
- Agent commission processing & payment
- Purchase and nominal ledgers transactions
- Monthly & weekly payroll, and PAYE returns
- Banking, cash and cash flow reporting
- General office administration including answering telephone calls, liaising with suppliers, emails, filing and photocopying
Kings Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- A minimum of three years’ accountancy experience in a commercial or professional work environment
- A minimum of one year’s line management experience
- Intermediate MS Excel and Outlook skills and familiarity with general ledger software packages
- AAT qualified, part-qualified CIMA, ACA or ACCA, or qualified by experience
- Articulate verbal and written communication skills
- A motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic, who is able to work reliably without supervision
- Critical thinker with the ability to multi-task and prioritise while staying organised
- Exceptional attention to detail and internal financial controls but also understands the “big picture”
- Respect for confidentiality, high personal standards, and common sense
Suitable applicants are likely to:
- Be at ease in a lively, international environment
- Have the inter-personal skills and judgement to manage people effectively
- Be comfortable in a post which calls for multi-tasking while also having the discipline to focus on deadlines when required
How to apply
We require a full CV with covering letter stating how your experience and qualifications match our expectations.
To apply for this position, or to request further information, please email:
Group Finance Directyor
Applications should be made by: 19th June 2021
Interviews will commence: as soon as possible upon receipt and consideration, therefore it is in your interest to put your application in straight away.
Successful appointment will be dependent upon:
- Enhanced DBS check
- Confirmation of right to work in the UK
- Satisfactory references (including confirmation of no child safeguarding concerns)
Kings is an Equal Opportunities employer and we adhere to the principles of equal opportunity in all aspects of our recruitment process.
It is Kings Education's policy not to communicate further with applicants other than those who are shortlisted for a position.