Support the teaching and learning activities of Kings Oxford's EFL campus.
The English Language Programmes Administrator (ELPA) is a key member of the Administrative Team. The main function is to support the teaching and learning activities of the City Centre College sites. The ELPA will work closely and support the work of a number of other operational staff under the direction of the Director of Studies (DOS) who leads and manages the team.
Duties and responsibilities
The ELPA's specific role within the team will be to:
- Work closely with his/her Assistant, DOS, teachers and students, managing the administration required to ensure the smooth running of the courses and compliance with rules regarding attendance, recording and reporting.
- Complete some routine data-entry, clerical work and filing.
- Make judgements and use imagination in dealing with individuals and solving issues as they arise.
- Deal with enquiries from agents, parents and sponsors and is likely to be the first point of contact for students with administrative, pastoral or welfare concerns.
- The ELPA will be required to handle money, hold keys, be a fire marshal and must be comfortable with the responsibility this entails.
- Efficient operation of CLASS, ISAMS & CLASSMATE student databases and administrative systems.
- Enforce aspects of student disciplinary sanctions.
- Assist with teacher inductions and staff training on registration and reporting systems.
- Organise meetings and tracking for students transferring to the academic department.
- Organise of the one to one timetable.
- Organise room changes.
- Assist with the collation of relevant HR paperwork from new and existing staff.
- Use databases to generate tracking reporting of students’ attendance, welfare and academic progress as well as the termly report.
- Assist the DOS with payroll, monitoring staff holiday and sick-leave absence records.
- Assist with various student issues including welfare, timetabling, attendance, accommodation and holiday requests.
- Follow administrative procedures as well as innovate new office procedures and systems where necessary.
General duties include:
- Provide course information for prospective students
- Register as a First Aider
- Cover reception duties when required
The ELPA is normally based at the St Michael's Street site but may, if required, work at the St Joseph’s Hall site or any other Kings Oxford premises.
The post holder will participate in covering the Kings emergency phone as part of a wider staff rota. Responsibilities are defined within the emergency on call specification and is paid in addition to the ELPA’s salary.
Kings Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Be a highly efficient administrator with excellent IT skills (Esp. Outlook, Word, Excel, Use of databases).
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines.
- Good attention to detail with experience of entering, checking and updating records.
- Experience of working as part of a team in an office environment and the ability to understand and pass on clear and accurate information.
- Applicants must as a prerequisite be temperamentally suited to working collaboratively as a member of a team and to being in constant contact with students.
- They must have a warm and positive attitude towards young people from other countries and the skills necessary to work effectively and sensitively with them.
- They must have good interpersonal skills and the ability to deal calmly with several things at once.
- They must have the ability to work independently and at times use their own initiative to problem solve.
- A positive and can-do attitude.
- Minimum grade C in GCSE Maths and English.
- Degree level qualification.
Desirable attributes include:
- CELTA or equivalent.
- Ability to speak another language.
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent in an administration course.
How to apply
To apply for this position or to request further information, please contact: email@example.com
Interviews will commence: Upon receipt and consideration of suitable candidate
Successful appointment will be dependent upon:
- Enhanced DBS check
- Confirmation of right to work in the UK
- Satisfactory references (including confirmation of no child safeguarding concerns)
Kings is an Equal Opportunities employer and we adhere to the principles of equal opportunity in all aspects of our recruitment process.